Crime Aftermath: Would you live in your house?

news24

Expert Member
I've seen a lot of celebrations in the Current Affairs threads whenever a homeowner kills home intruder.

If intruders invade your home and threaten your family's safety and you rightfully defend yourselves by killing him, would you still stay in your house knowing that there was a dead body lying there a couple of days ago?

Personally I don't think I would stay in the house, I would want to move because it would just be too traumatic. I would like to here what you would do.

Pitbull

Verboten
I've seen a lot of celebrations in the Current Affairs threads whenever a homeowner kills home intruder.

If intruders invade your home and threaten your family's safety and you rightfully defend yourselves by killing him, would you still stay in your house knowing that there was a dead body lying there a couple of days ago?

Personally I don't think I would stay in the house, I would want to move because it would just be too traumatic. I would like to here what you would do.
Yea, why not?

I can promise you they won't attack that house again :p
Odds are the house you're staying in already had at least one person die in it anyway. Unless you built it new from scratch.

eg2505

Honorary Master
temporarily move out,

would be traumatic and not easy to get used to,

but a homes a home, once the place been cleaned up really REALLY well,
probably move back in,

after all, if they forensically examine most used cars, you'd find a lot of nasties anyway...
that you drive around in constantly, and that never bothers anybody.......

Nether

Expert Member
You could hang the corpse upside down in front of your house, this will deter future attacks.

maumau

Honorary Master
Yes, I'd be delighted.

Wouldn't want to live anywhere a loved one had died.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I'd stay.

Agents have to disclose the information to a prospective buyer so you will have to lower the price just to get it sold.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
People asked who have never had it happen - "Yeah I'd stay" mostly
People asked who have had it happen - they mostly gtfo from what I've read about and seen.

Pitbull

Verboten
People asked who have never had it happen - "Yeah I'd stay" mostly
People asked who have had it happen - they mostly gtfo from what I've read about and seen.
I had a dog rip someone in my yard to pieces. I don't know how many pieces as there was blood and curling screams. I think I posted a thread about it here. Not phased at all. Doubt it will make a difference if I blow someone's head off in my house too. I like my house :eek:

konfab

Honorary Master

I had someone steal my cellphone though a window when it was next to my bed. Suffice to say, I was not comfortable sleeping in that flat again.

So yes, if the security in my house wasn't good enough, I would either upgrade or move.

tp3to

I had a dog rip someone in my yard to pieces. I don't know how many pieces as there was blood and curling screams. I think I posted a thread about it here. Not phased at all. Doubt it will make a difference if I blow someone's head off in my house too. I like my house :eek:
To shreds you say?

bokdrol

Executive Member
:wtf: Did he die?
OMW

Pitbull

Verboten
:wtf: Did he die?
OMW
I honestly don't know. I heard the commotion in the early hours of the morning. When I got outside in the morning there was quite a bit of blood. Enough to indicate a massive arterial bleed. He managed to get over the wall again and never heard or seen anything about it since.

Pitbull

Verboten
They where fine. I think who ever it was came into the yard over the back wall not knowing there are dogs. Got pretty deep into the yard before he got pounced :D I suspect he/she (could not tell by the screams) might have jumped the wall running from either a security company or the police and just picked the wrong yard to jump into.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Pretty much every house has had a dead body inside it at some point, or will have somewhere in the future.

So you just need to get over that.