Crime is a reality, says Zuma

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/Politics/0,9294,2-7-12_2078379,00.html

Cape Town - The line in the sand between the African National Congress deputy president and President Thabo Mbeki came into sharp relief this weekend with Jacob Zuma's statement that crime "is not a perception".

"This land is for Afrikaners and everyone living in it."

Munusamy said acknowledging the various cultural groups was of utmost importance to Zuma.

Also:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=68111

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=68100

I presume its safe to say he is gonne run for president ? :eek:

marine1

Honorary Master
Zuma is very clever it seems, he is really siding with the nation.

Xarog

Honorary Master
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/Politics/0,9294,2-7-12_2078379,00.html

Cape Town - The line in the sand between the African National Congress deputy president and President Thabo Mbeki came into sharp relief this weekend with Jacob Zuma's statement that crime "is not a perception".

"This land is for Afrikaners and everyone living in it."

Munusamy said acknowledging the various cultural groups was of utmost importance to Zuma.

Also:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=68111

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=68100

I presume its safe to say he is gonne run for president ? :eek:
Ya, he's definately lobbying.

CeeBee

Expert Member
hmmm siding with the nation is a good thing..... problem is to remember that when they get the president or minister's job. then things seem to change :(

Xarog

Honorary Master
I still wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. He's corrupt to the core. Just because he knows what to say on one or two issues does NOT mean that he'd make a good president.

On the other hand, his saying these things might have positive repercussions. Especially since he's openly challenging the ANC poisition on crime.

I think the repercussions are going to be interesting. :)

Rikus

Banned
Yes, he is just campaigning early, and does not believe half the things he say himself:rolleyes:

xtermin8or

Expert Member
As I have said in another thread, It makes no sense for Zuma to campaign to Afrikaners in an attempt to gain the presidency of ANC

Xarog

Honorary Master
Yeah, and as I said in another thread, your assumptions are lacking proof or reasonableness. :p

But that's not the point. Please explain how he's pandering to Afrikaners by admitting that there is a crime problem. It affects all of us, ffs.

Xarog

Honorary Master
Note the "and everyone living in it." part.

Taken in context, it's not that he's supporting Afrikaners, but that he's saying it's wrong to scapegoat them and blame them for being negative or being racists when they point out a legitimate problem.

dlk001

Executive Member
Yeah, and as I said in another thread, your assumptions are lacking proof or reasonableness. :p

But that's not the point. Please explain how he's pandering to Afrikaners by admitting that there is a crime problem. It affects all of us, ffs.
This is what he is good at. Promoting peace and reaching out to the ordinary people.

derekc

Expert Member
Zuma for president is one thing; Who's going to be his ministers? FRom what I've heard, there's a lot of ANC members out there trying to get into Zuma's good side and want a piece of the pie. It seems like all talk from Zuma. I doubt there will be much change if he becomes president.

killadoob

Honorary Master
zuma is no siding with the nation, he is trying to win over ppl to vote for him so he turn south african into the new zimbabwe

i would rather have mbeki as pres lying about crime than zuma who will say exists while murdering all the whites

dlk001

Executive Member
zuma is no siding with the nation, he is trying to win over ppl to vote for him so he turn south african into the new zimbabwe

i would rather have mbeki as pres lying about crime than zuma who will say exists while murdering all the whites
Imagine applying for a job and there's news coverage in most parts of the country that show how much you would suck at that job; one would think it would be hard to get hired!!!

Bageloo

Expert Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

marine1

Honorary Master
Yeah Killa, there is no difference between the 2. They are both incapable of running this country.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Imagine applying for a job and there's news coverage in most parts of the country that show how much you would suck at that job; one would think it would be hard to get hired!!!
Unfortunately public opinion means nothing when The Party still has too many voters to stand against, and the vast majority don't care who rules as long as it's 'their' candidate.

killadoob

Honorary Master
no mbeki is doing a fine job apart from the crime this country is running rather well i think

the crimeis a major problem no doubt

trust me you dont a zuma like person coming to power, mbeki knows messing with the whites would not be clever as the white run this country but zuma would not care and pull a zim on us

VernD

Executive Member
Of course crime is a reality to Zuma; he committed a few, so he should know.

Bageloo

Expert Member
no mbeki is doing a fine job apart from the crime this country is running rather well i think

the crimeis a major problem no doubt

trust me you dont a zuma like person coming to power, mbeki knows messing with the whites would not be clever as the white run this country but zuma would not care and pull a zim on us
How about these whites in this forum who feel that they are victims of AA policies? Surely you can't run the country and still be a victim.