Crime pays: A different perspective on the crime situation

NoRulez

LOL :D Some peeps here are too ashamed of their roots/homeland to even show it in their profiles... figures... :cool:
... and at least I've learned to spell believe.

Last edited:

Mr TB

Banned
Umm...Ignore List. :(
That is running away... You have a chance to show me that I am wrong. Financial Services itself is exempted, that is in the section of the VAT ACT.

IOW the payments made by the end-user to the insurance company. You are however not addressing the real issue, the fact that the state in my opinion does not gain from VAT in the case of stolen property.

SARS has the option of collecting VAT on a monthly basis from the premiums paid by the end-user, or exempt the premiums from VAT and only collect the VAT once an actual loss take place. As financial advisor you should realise that.

NoRulez

SARS has the option of collecting VAT on a monthly basis from the premiums paid by the end-user, or exempt the premiums from VAT and only collect the VAT once an actual loss take place. As financial advisor you should realise that.
LMFAO... So now suddenly SARS does collect VAT once something is stolen? :confused: Eish!

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
NoRulez, don't bother trying to debate with it, it changes its tact the second it realises its been painted into a corner by its statements.

Mr TB

Banned
LMFAO... So now suddenly SARS does collect VAT once something is stolen? :confused: Eish!
Did you actually read what I typed ?

SARS has the option of collecting VAT on a monthly basis from the premiums paid by the end-user,

Did you read the above part of the sentence or did you not, can you follow what I typed or not... If it is within your ability try and follow the next line typed in blue...

SARS has the option of collecting income tax on a monthly basis from an employee contributing to a provident fund by disallowing such contribution as tax deductable , and
SARS has the option of delaying collection of income tax on pension funds by allowing the monthly contributions as tax deductable.

Are you still following or is the argument now over your head already?

or exempt the premiums from VAT and only collect the VAT once an actual loss take place.
In blue principles of tax collection are illustrated, when applied to VAT:

Allow the charging of VAT on the premiums paid by the end-user and allow the financial institution to claim input vat when replacing lost or stolen goods...
or
Collect the VAT on the premiums as the output vat paid on stolen or lost goods.

The method favours the consumer going without claims...logical... uggghhh

Mr TB

Banned
NoRulez, don't bother trying to debate with it, it changes its tact the second it realises its been painted into a corner by its statements.
Ugggh...you can only debate if both parties believe they have an obligation to answer questions, not only critize like in your case...

NoRulez

The method favours the consumer going without claims...logical... uggghhh
Hmmm... which brings us back to the original post... da guvamunt still makes more money whenever theft claims take place.
Simple pre-school math:
More theft claims = more insurance payouts = more VAT money for da guvamunt

QED :)

Looks like they still gain from theft.

Mr TB

Banned
Hmmm... which brings us back to the original post... da guvamunt still makes more money whenever theft claims take place.
Simple pre-school math:
More theft claims = more insurance payouts = more VAT money for da guvamunt

QED :)

Looks like they still gain from theft.
Ugggh... failure in basic logic... less crime, less money used on exempted services such as insurance, more money used on vatable goods=more VAT money for the state and a happy nation...

The propoganda just got to your logical thinking...shampies...hehehe...

Jonny Two Shoes

Expert Member
I have not a F'ing clue what any of you are on about :D

Anyway I agreed with another earlier post that even if Government are trying to benefit in this way the negative impacts of crime far outweigh what they gain in the short term.

But then again just look at our Government and you wonder if they really know this or can even comprehend that logic. As I similarily stated in another thread I would not trust this Government to run a car wash nevermind a country. Once again that's just IMO :)

Mr TB

Banned
I have not a F'ing clue what any of you are on about :D

Anyway I agreed with another earlier post that even if Government are trying to benefit in this way the negative impacts of crime far outweigh what they gain in the short term.

But then again just look at our Government and you wonder if they really know this or can even comprehend that logic. As I similarily stated in another thread I would not trust this Government to run a car wash nevermind a country. Once again that's just IMO :)
Never underestimate the enemy...listen to this advertisement on SABC:
ONE national broadcaster, TWO of this , THREE of that...,... SEVEN days in a week in a child's voice... but listen again... What Propoganda is this!?

ONE National Broadcaster, ONE Voice for the state!, killing freedom of speech, this government is indeed clever!

If the attitude is indeed for gain why not make vat applicable to financial services, it is only beneficial to the state's pocket...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
WTF are you talking about Mr TB.

You're starting to confuse your other selves again it seems.

Mr TB

Banned
LOL :D Some peeps here are too ashamed of their roots/homeland to even show it in their profiles... figures... :cool:
... and at least I've learned to spell believe.
Read this
Read this
Read this

Ek is gebore 24-10-1961 te Krugersdorp , 'n Afrikaan, manlik, getroud, sonder kinders.
Ek is 'n christen, skram nie weg van konfrontasie nie en skuil nie agter nicknames nie...
Meer as dit kan ek nie verskaf nie... moet my vrou in ag neem...

I KNOW WHAT I AM BUT WHAT ARE YOU... is jy 'n lafaard wat agter 'n naam skuil of wat is jy?