crime & sa

Status
Not open for further replies.

janvanriebeek

Banned
this is now without being racist, pessimistic, etc...

sa economy may be doing well, but living conditions have detoriated drastic. we are living in our own private prisons, everyone has a 10ft wall, with a 24hr security company, and burgalar bars more dense than those of alcatraz

criminals are getting the better of us, and we are allowing it. can someone explain to me why we are paying taxes, i dont see any changes, all i see is chaos and corruption

this is bullsh!t, someone needs to stand up, cause the goverment doesnt give 2 hoots about what happens to us. as long as they live comfy we can rot in crime

personally i think its time for vigilantes to make a comeback and do what the goverment refuses to do

JStrike

Honorary Master
It has very little to do with taxes or the government. What is needed is for the communities to stop protecting the criminals and report them to the cops. That is how the situation can improve in the short term. Curing it will take much longer.

See Mayor Zille's parade the other day about exactly this

daysleeper

To give you guys an idea. I know statistics are not a good indication, but you decide for yourself whether crime is on the increase.

A certain big government hosipital casuality ward recieved 255 GSWs for the year ended 2005.

So far up to the end of April 2006 in 4 months, the GSW was 267 cases.

The government will never let you know these things. The only reason there are these types of records is because GSW and welfare issues have to be reported by law.

Crime is all time out of control!

kingmonty

Expert Member
daysleeper said:
To give you guys an idea. I know statistics are not a good indication, but you decide for yourself whether crime is on the increase.

A certain big government hosipital casuality ward recieved 255 GSWs for the year ended 2005.

So far up to the end of April 2006 in 4 months, the GSW was 267 cases.

The government will never let you know these things. The only reason there are these types of records is because GSW and welfare issues have to be reported by law.

Crime is all time out of control!
Hi Daysleeper,

I am interested to find out where you got the statistics from so that I may potentially quote the stat if possible

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
JStrike said:
It has very little to do with taxes or the government. What is needed is for the communities to stop protecting the criminals and report them to the cops. That is how the situation can improve in the short term. Curing it will take much longer.

See Mayor Zille's parade the other day about exactly this

Jstrike indeed the people should stop protecting criminals because they are afraid the criminal will come after their family etc etc.

But it is still very much the governments problem we pay taxes and then the government uses a certain % for defence and protecting the country's citizens.

And if crime is on the increase the government is to blame for not correctly doing their job.

SteveV

janvanriebeek said:
this is bullsh!t, someone needs to stand up, cause the goverment doesnt give 2 hoots about what happens to us.

What have you done about it? Why don't you stand up?

sludge

Expert Member
Well said ajak! :D
Seriously, we started a neighboorhood watch a few years ago. In the first month
after we started it up, the project leader was gunned down a few metres from his home while jogging, they didn't hurt him badly, but the guy jogging with him was also hit and he quite seroious injurys. A horrific crime spree through our neighboorhood then followed with lots of murders, rapings, hijackings etc. We were utterly disempowered, for if you shoot one of those pigs, you get k@k, if you don't shoot him and you let him flee, you can just as well commit suicide! The metro council denied us shutting off the neighborhood, even though it was a crime hotspot! We were bettered by the criminals and the useless goverment, it's as if we lost a war... We just have to sit back and take the flak!

Now, we would like to protect ourselves,but you cannot do it nearly as effective as the police because it's in the law, go read it!!!!!! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS, IT IS THE EXCLUSIVE DOMAIN OF THE GOVERMENT!!! IT'S IN THE CONSTITUTION TOO!!!!

So next time someone feels the people not trying to protect themselves is at fault, think again, you are at fault for thinking so!

EDIT: Spelling errors.

ajak

Expert Member
I can’t tell you what i/we did, but last year me and the wife got mugged at a shopping center right here in Pretoria. Well the muggers got sorted out big time (you must just have shady contacts that will do almost anything for money.Why do the dirty work yourself?

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
sludge said:
Well said ajak! :D
Seriously, we started a neighboorhood watch a few years ago. In the first month
after we started it up, the project leader was gunned down a few metres from his home while jogging, they didn't hurt him badly, but the guy jogging with him was also hit and he quite seroious injurys. A horrific crime spree through our neighboorhood then followed with lots of murders, rapings, hijackings etc. We were utterly disempowered, for if you shoot one of those pigs, you get k@k, if you don't shoot him and you let him flee, you can just as well commit suicide! The metro council denied us shutting off the neighborhood, even though it was a crime hotspot! We were bettered by the criminals and the useless goverment, it's as if we lost a war... We just have to sit back and take the flak!

EDIT: Spelling errors.

Sad but the truth how do this government ever want to sort out the crime problems in this country. No wonder there is hate growing among the different races with a silent black on white war going on in the suburbs and the law being on the side of the criminals.

Angelo

Expert Member
DigitalSoldier said:
Sad but the truth how do this government ever want to sort out the crime problems in this country. No wonder there is hate growing among the different races with a silent black on white war going on in the suburbs and the law being on the side of the criminals.
Crime probably affects black people more than it affects white people so this "black on white" war is unfounded.

Last edited:

kingmonty

Expert Member
Angelo said:
Crime probably affects black people more than it affects white people.
Crime affects all people - irrespective of race. It is also categorically well know that some instances of extreme violent crime carry a very distinct racial undertone - especially in relation to farm murders.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Angelo said:
Crime probably affects black people more than it affects white people so this "black on white" war is unfounded.

Angelo I wasnt being a racist but I am finding out that you taking everything a white person say as being racism.

And I know crime is a lot worse in the townships but what I meant was. People in the suburbs are not trusting any1 and mostly any black people. For example if I am waiting for our gate to open in my car and a black person comes to my car even just to ask for directions I will be afraid and wonder if he is gonne hijack me.

pupa

Banned
DigitalSoldier said:
Angelo I wasnt being a racist but I am finding out that you taking everything a white person say as being racism. ......
Thats old Angelo for sure,

janvanriebeek

Banned
i would like to see what the gov whould say if all people stop paying tax until the lazy @ss gov (or dictatorship) sort out the crime issue

Angelo

Expert Member
DigitalSoldier said:
Angelo I wasnt being a racist but I am finding out that you taking everything a white person say as being racism.

And I know crime is a lot worse in the townships but what I meant was. People in the suburbs are not trusting any1 and mostly any black people. For example if I am waiting for our gate to open in my car and a black person comes to my car even just to ask for directions I will be afraid and wonder if he is gonne hijack me.
I understand what you are saying but is that reason enough for you to declare that there is a "black on white" race war raging?

Angelo

Expert Member
janvanriebeek said:
i would like to see what the gov whould say if all people stop paying tax until the lazy @ss gov (or dictatorship) sort out the crime issue
Why do you call this government a dictatorship, wasn't it elected and re-elected with an overwhelming majority, doesn't look like a government is being forced on the people to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.