Crime scaring tourists away from South Africa

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Crime scaring tourists away from South Africa

South Africa could attract double the 10 million tourists which currently visit the country every year if it wasn't for crime and service delivery protests, according to a report in the City Press.

Tourism Business Council of SA CEO Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa stated that crime was by the biggest worry for international travellers taking a trip to South Africa.

NeoAcheron

Like with every other struggling industry in South African, let's not take the responsibility of our failure and blame international innovators for our decline in revenue.

Maybe instead of talking about fixing everything and playing the blame game, they should try doing something about the problem for once. Violent protest don't just scare away tourists, it also gets people killed, damages valuable infrastructure, and fuels the downward spiral of the economy...

But ya, as long as you have the freedom to express yourself, right?

Sl8er

Executive Member
South Africa could attract double the 10 million tourists which currently visit the country every year if it wasn’t for crime and service delivery protests riots, according to a report in the City Press.
:rolleyes:

FTFT

diesel

Expert Member
A little difficult to combat crime when you have a police force that is like 30% of the amount of cops actually needed, then on top of that about 70% of the cops are criminals themselves.

Perfect breeding ground for crime

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Surely tourists come to good old South Africa to witness the local culture, of crime and protests - then they can go home and say "We where there, and saw it"

As for Air BnB, if the hotels cannot compete, they are out of touch with their market. Shame.

thechamp

Honorary Master
A little difficult to combat crime when you have a police force that is like 30% of the amount of cops actually needed, then on top of that about 70% of the cops are criminals themselves.

Perfect breeding ground for crime
Your stats looks odd, are they based on anything or just made up?

Milano

Honorary Master
As for Air BnB, if the hotels cannot compete, they are out of touch with their market. Shame.
Another excellent example of how government fails dismally in both spheres:

* Government's primary role in tourism is most basic. Ensure tourists are safe. That is impossible since tourists can only ever be safe if all South Africans are safe. Government has proven time and time again that the safety of South Africans is of lowest priority. Naturally therefore tourists and their property will never be safe with that mentality.

* On the rare occasion they government does attempt to improve tourism it falls spectacularly by meddling in matters it is not qualified. There shortsighted moronic foray into visa matters cost the tourism industry billions in lost revenue. This AirBnB meddling will be another spectacular failure and will cost the tourism sector billions in lost revenue.

DreamKing

Executive Member
I hate the white apartheid government because they promoted /advertised SA as heaven, they lied to me and trapped me into the hell.

apartheid is evil ......

:mad: :mad: :mad:

thechamp

Honorary Master
I hate the white apartheid government because they promoted /advertised SA as heaven, they lied to me and trapped me into the hell.

apartheid is evil ......

The option of going back to where you were before they lured you here under false pretences?

DreamKing

Executive Member
The option of going back to where you were before they lured you here under false pretences?
currency depreciation
time wasted
money spent

who will compensate me?

don't just say "why don't you go back home?" that is disgusting. that is the same as you raped a virgin and still asked for "service fees" and taxi fare.

thechamp

Honorary Master
currency depreciation
time wasted
money spent

who will compensate me?

don't just say "why don't you go back home?" that is disgusting. that is the same as you raped a virgin and still asked for "service fees" and taxi fare.
It is a valid question to ask, nothing disgusting about it.

Swa

Honorary Master

apartheid is evil ......

They told be there would be 10 subs waiting for me.

Not that kind of sub, the other one.