Crime website linked to shady gay activist

Alan

Honorary Master
Ok so how were you discriminated against Alan? For having a pet rock? Playing with dolls? Cross-dressing? Fetish for bestiality?

You can't just make a statement without justifying it.
ooh.

Stuck your foot in it have you. In an attempt to wiggle out of it you turn to derogatory abuse. I expected nothing less.

* ponders if he should bother typing out his experiences *

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
ooh.

Stuck your foot in it have you. In an attempt to wiggle out of it you turn to derogatory abuse. I expected nothing less.

* ponders if he should bother typing out his experiences *
Wiggle out of what? You're the one trying to avoid the topic of the thread by trying to sidetrack (by making the topic about gays and how people go out of their way to be sympathetic towards them).

Back on topic: did you or did you not support "Neil Watson"?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
I support the idea of a website that reflects the truth of the rainbow nation. It is sad that some individuals will exploit it for personal gain but heck look at government they are all exploiting their positions for personal gain. It's the African way ...

brixton tower

Expert Member
Juan Uys strikes again!!

I almost fell off my chair when I saw that Juan Uys had once again duped South Africa's white rightwing. I knew this Neil Watson was shady from the minute he refused to be interviewed by journalists and failed to show up at his own protest marches.

I support the idea of a website that reflects the truth of the rainbow nation. It is sad that some individuals will exploit it for personal gain but heck look at government they are all exploiting their positions for personal gain. It's the African way ...
Dunno how "The African Way" justifies this moffie ripping off a bunch rightwingers who thought they were somehow contributing to the establishment of a new Boer republic.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Dunno how "The African Way" justifies this moffie ripping off a bunch rightwingers who thought they were somehow contributing to the establishment of a new Boer republic.
Where do you get 'the establishment of a new Boer republic' bit from?

New controversy hits embattled crime website

New controversy hits embattled crime website

By Nathan Blows

Claims of ’foul’ after big expose into site aimed at foreigners

The controversial website highlighting crime in South Africa has run into a new storm of controversy.

The international coordinator of the site has cried foul and issued legal letters after a string of damaging claims.

It was claimed in a weekend newspaper expose that the website’s coordinator could be linked to an equally controversial gay and lesbian organization; that the previous incarnation of the site had not been hacked as claimed but that the website had not paid its former internet service provider and that the owner of the website had paid someone to hack a rival website.

The allegations unleashed a barrage of counter-claims and legal summonses.

Since its inception this crime website, named crimexposesouthafrica, has been haunted by allegations of rightwing links, racism and defamation.

The website’s backers responded with a counter statement from all those accused and summons letters to various newspapers, media groups and individuals have been issued.

The chief whistle-blower on the site’s activities was an employee who was removed from the site after being accused of having extreme right wing sympathies. It was also claimed that she had, on several occasions, been requested to stop publishing extremist posts.

She also stands accused of having received funds on behalf of the website and being responsible for deleting information from the website.

Now some commentators believe that the latest drama may be the death knell for the website. Many have had reservations about the website and its stated aims to force the government to reduce crime by highlighting the South African crime situation to the rest of the world.

It certainly grabbed international attention, but it has been criticized for not doing anything to help reduce crime.

When reduced to its base level the site is nothing more than a collection of crime stories, copied and pasted from various online news sources. Where this site differs from the normal news sources is that it only concentrates on crime.

One post to the site reads: “Africa, largely due to the ignorance, stupidity and skewed mindset of the African, has become a global joke, failed experiment; a symbol of no hope on the most backward species of human this planet has ever known, a genus of person that apart from a few interesting jazz lyrics and sports titles, has contributed little else of value to mankind. It clearly shows that trying to uplift these people with programs such as affirmative action and ’be nice to The African’ is futile; it’s all effort, money pi**ed against the wall”.

“Don’t worry Raymond Ackerman; if they could get to one of your fat cats, then chances are they can get to you. What tune will you sing then my money grabbing friend?” – After a Pick and Pay staff member had been killed.

“I love this!!!!!! I love it when the denialists get shafted... I wish this would happen to Raymond, FW and a few newspaper editors I can think of.” - Referring to Nadine Gordimer being robbed.

“I was sure that given time, Pieter Boshoff (aka Riaan aka ID10t) would hang himself.” – Speaking of Pieter Boshoff from a rival website.

Another post: “Blacks and coloureds are the biggest bums alive…”

The above are just some of the choice comments users post on the site. Is it any wonder that a backlash would be imminent? A website that allows these types of comments can hardly turn around and cry “Defamation!” nor can they claim some kind of moral high ground in this debate.

A valiant attempt to delete these comments has been made but as result of the website’s success, you can still view these and other comments using Google cached pages. Screen shots of theses also come in handy.

It appears that the website’s popularity may also be its chief downfall. Those behind the website are also very adept at posting the personal information of those who disagree with their stance on the World Wide Web. When I last checked, that was an illegal practice.

These websites will eventually fail. Why?

Anyone who has read “With Criminal Intent – The Changing Face Of Crime In South Africa” (Ampersand Press) by Rob Marsh and Crime in South Africa: A Country and Cities Profile by Martin Schönteich & Antoinette Louw (Institute for Security Studies) will know that the serious and escalating crime problem in South Africa is a multi-headed Hydra – cut off one head and two, three or four more grow in its place.

There are more than 12 causes for crime in South Africa and not one of the crime websites addresses those causes. As a result, they are doomed to fail. They have, however, got one thing right. The government needs to step in, equip the police, tighten up current crime laws and address all the causes of crime. Long term, sustainable solutions need to be found.

If not, we may yet become the next Zimbabwe that many are predicting.

http://www.reporter.co.za/newszone/article.aspx?ID=RP21A320976

Angelo

Expert Member
Is it just me or is the irony of this entire situation fantastic?

//I like irony
It's fantastic indeed, I remember the threads that were locked because of "Watson"'s defenders...ahhh how I miss the days of the legendary Ignacio, before he was trapped and banned. Wonder if he's still around under a different nick?

jontyB

Expert Member
It's fantastic indeed, I remember the threads that were locked because of "Watson"'s defenders...ahhh how I miss the days of the legendary Ignacio, before he was trapped and banned. Wonder if he's still around under a different nick?
??? Trapped and Banned? A soap opera unfolds. :rolleyes: It would appear that you have a conspiracy theory in the making Mr Angelo?

Angelo

Expert Member
??? Trapped and Banned? A soap opera unfolds. :rolleyes: It would appear that you have a conspiracy theory in the making Mr Angelo?
All I can say is he really gave the forum pessimists a tough time, humiliating them on an almost daily basis. For the rest read his last thread....must be the only forumite ever to have been banned after one "offence". Ignacio ol' buddy if you still around under a different nick please send me a PM and we'll take it from there. ;)

jontyB

Expert Member
All I can say is he really gave the forum pessimists a tough time, humiliating them on an almost daily basis. For the rest read his last thread....must be the only forumite ever to have been banned after one "offence". Ignacio ol' buddy if you still around under a different nick please send me a PM and we'll take it from there. ;)
Yeah. Formula 1 hotels have good rates for these kinda meetings.

On a serious note, I have read some of his posts now and you cannot possibly be serious? He appears to have been a troll, and by the looks of things, he was banned for contravening a Forum rule? I guess different folks have different definitions for legendary.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

Honestly, the site managed to at least raist the profile of crime in south africa. Eventually it'll get to the mind-blowing profile that the ANC require before they take any action*.

* Manto vs. AIDS, anyone? Took pretty much the international nedical community ridiculing SA....