Criminal record

marco79

Expert Member
If you paid an admission of guilt at the police station, then yes, it will show on your criminal record, irrelevant whether you have been to court or not. Go apply for a clearance certificate and you will see.
Would you have a criminal record for paying an admission of guilt fine for speeding?

Surv0

Executive Member
If your were arrested and spend 2 days in holding cells and Police took your Fingerprints, that means you have a Criminal Record? Never went to Court! Released me after two days! (Shoplifting good/s worth R35)
No you will not have a criminal record and when doing a police clearance this information will not show up. Im not sure if you paid guilty fees or not, but if it was just a release because they had nothing to go on, you are ok.

You get a criminal record when you get charged officially with a crime.

No you will not have a criminal record and when doing a police clearance this information will not show up. Im not sure if you paid guilty fees or not, but if it was just a release because they had nothing to go on, you are ok.

Thank you, for this valuable information!

Sean008

Expert Member

And are convicted !

Norrad

Admission of guilt at police station or convicted in court will both show up. But if you made it as far as the court and then they struck it off the roll you will be fine and it won't show up.

AdrianH

Expert Member
I have dealt with people in tears as they were arrested, taken to police station, payed admissions of guilt thinking that it is like a traffic fine. When they applied for a job later on, a criminal check was performed showing their conviction of which the were unaware of.

There is only 1 rule you need to adhere to:

If you are arrested and taken to the police station for whatever reason, do not pay admission of guilt if you have been charged. You will know if you are being charged as they will take your fingerprints. If they offer you to pay an admission of guilt after being charged, DO NOT PAY IT and rather go to court and have your say.

So did you innocently put it in your pocket or what is the story?Im talking about Labello now lol
Nah, I didn't... Actually I was working for Pick N Pay and I was constantly stealing Labello from shelf because I was the one responsible for Packing it. They did they investigation and found stock shortages and started investigating me and put a trap on me and later caught me! They said I must pay R1000 fine for all those Labello's I took from their Shop which I refused and they called the Police... Yeah that's the Story. Yes I know I was STUPID. Everybody was stealing on that Shop, it's unfortunate they caught me and I had to pay for everyone's SINS.

now05ster

Nah, I didn't... Actually I was working for Pick N Pay and I was constantly stealing Labello from shelf because I was the one responsible for Packing it. They did they investigation and found stock shortages and started investigating me and put a trap on me and later caught me! They said I must pay R1000 fine for all those Labello's I took from their Shop which I refused and they called the Police... Yeah that's the Story. Yes I know I was STUPID. Everybody was stealing on that Shop, it's unfortunate they caught me and I had to pay for everyone's SINS.
Huh? You mean you had to pay for Your sins.

Hence I said it's unfortunate they caught me! I can't pay R1000 fine for Labello! People were stealing goods worth R2000 or more, never got caught. They wanted to SET an example with me, WHICH THEY DID:rolleyes:

Hence I said it's unfortunate they caught me! I can't pay R1000 fine for Labello! People were stealing goods worth R2000 or more, never got caught. They wanted to SET an example with me, WHICH THEY DID:rolleyes:
You don't seem remorseful. You know its wrong but you are justifying it by saying others did worse. That doesn't make you any better. Just accept you were wrong and move on. People do stupid things, but don't try to justify by pointing fingers at others.