Crystal Web Survey - we need your sage advice.

Sokum

Done and I also asked them for "What you could do is design a deal/structure specially for Netflix/Hulu streaming service for after work and give a better deal and even bundle a chrome cast with it?"

Crystal Web

Crystal Web representative
Company Rep
Fail question...shaping should be used to prioritize one protocol above another not applied to "all protocols". i.e. Realtime skype over nntp downloads. With perhaps harder shaping applied to the heavy users (Measured via weighting on peak/off peak). Any implementation other than that fails on a very basic level imo (including pure unshaped...realtime should be prioritized...common sense ffs).

This is merely to gauge feedback and help guide final product implementation, but we do appreciate the feedback.

Crystal Web

Crystal Web representative
Company Rep
Done and I also asked them for "What you could do is design a deal/structure specially for Netflix/Hulu streaming service for after work and give a better deal and even bundle a chrome cast with it?"

I did see that one there. :)

I've personally read all of the comments, and there are some great suggestions and feedback in there, so thanks to all who have so far completed the survey.

Totempole

Expert Member
I remember winning a 100GB data account from them when they first started.

Turns out we were just Guinea Pigs. The packet loss was so bad I wasn't even able to use 1/4 of it.

KinsZA

Expert Member
Cool necro thread but its pretty much why I hold off any new ISP's with too good to be true price/performance offerings. It's pretty much a trend that something goes wrong somewhere, be it in performance (Crystal Web) or sketchy management (OpenWeb).

As time goes on you start to see the praise posts lessen, complain posts rise and then they either die or survive off those who use them for nothing more than web browsing/email.

ADrunkTeddyBear

sddefault.jpg