CSGO Sticky thread

Bongo Cat

I started 2 weeks ago. I haven't even done my placement matches yet. I'm too afraid because I'm terrible right now.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Nah man, the best way toimporve is to play a lot, play comps, play often. There's also aim maps etc to practice on but you will learn more playing 10 comps than you will playing 100 deathmatches, if you are willing to watch and listen.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Tec9: Adjustments to make the weapon more forgiving at medium rates of fire.
  • reduced fire inaccuracy
  • slightly improved accuracy recovery rate

Yes, but wait, they are changing it back again. A-hem, likewise with the CZ...

Added a “VOIP Positional” audio setting. When this setting is enabled, in-game voice audio will be played from the position the player is standing at.

Finally, yes! Been waiting on this, it will make competitive a lot more cohesive.

Fixed backlog of async events in scoreboard causing performance problems during gameplay.

Give us Capetonians our servers back!!!

My only two issues (or actually one) are the SG553 and AUG price drop. I don't know what gameplay they want to promote. The SG553 has horrendous weapon control which isn't like the AK the noobs proclaim it to be. The AUG isn't a good gun either... I guess they want lower rank players to engage at medium and long ranges, but why? It prolongs CT site control, next up they will increase the round time duration...

I was really upset last night to see 'high rank' players unable to read the radar or to rotate. I lost concentration in less than 10 rounds. 2v5, 3v5, 4v5... this is a 5v5 game.

Casual promotes laziness, my 2c.

GforceD

Executive Member
Agh! after a year I've reinstalled the game again, my game sense is still sharp but I've forgotten all the callouts and my AWP game is weak.

DanDango

Honorary Master
Agh! after a year I've reinstalled the game again, my game sense is still sharp but I've forgotten all the callouts and my AWP game is weak.

Same for me, started playing last week again. Played the Dust only server. The 2nd match in, I got a friendly messages "my ussername jy is n p*** en f*** jou shotgun" lol.

GforceD

Executive Member
Casual promotes laziness, my 2c.

Casual is just for warming up for them flick shots and should never be played more than Comp, Comp 5V5 is a totally different game than casual.

I didn't hear about VOIP Positional i must give it a try, i was playing comp with this one guy who's callouts consisted of "They Over here."

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Casual is just for warming up for them flick shots and should never be played more than Comp, Comp 5V5 is a totally different game than casual.

I didn't hear about VOIP Positional i must give it a try, i was playing comp with this one guy who's callouts consisted of "They Over here."

I’m talking of casual in the traditional sense, hostage rescue or bomb defusal. Deathmatch is more appropriate for practising flick shots, but I would generally jump on an aim server or into an aim map for practice though I hardly if ever practise today.

A War Game like the Flying Scoutsman is also great for flick shot practice. I used to run through demolition and arms race for warmup.

Wingman, unfortunately, a niche, is perfect for practising clutch situations.

GforceD

Executive Member
I’m talking of casual in the traditional sense, hostage rescue or bomb defusal. Deathmatch is more appropriate for practising flick shots, but I would generally jump on an aim server or into an aim map for practice though I hardly if ever practise today.

A War Game like the Flying Scoutsman is also great for flick shot practice. I used to run through demolition and arms race for warmup.

Wingman, unfortunately, a niche, is perfect for practising clutch situations.

I havnt done played since operation Hydra i really need to play a few wingman games and arms race, arms race is pretty fun unless you get stuck on a weapon for a little longer than the rest.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'll be on around the usual time if anyone's around tonight.

Unfortunately, I'm tied up, being the typical night owloholic. Besides, the COD gun meta they have going gives me the cringe. Too much change and I believe they did it to retain 'new' players... since new players are chased away by 'derankers' ranking on their alt account for whatever reason...

Maybe Friday night live, who knows...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So… The COD gun, the AUG is schit, so let me get to the SG553. Now, the SG is the AK in every way, but… The AK has a superior spray (and spread) control and you have a slight advantage in movement speed, but ever since Valve has tweaked the weapons control I have noticed a lot more tap shooters and quick ones at that.

There you have it, the SG is a good tap shooter with a scope, however, it isn’t as good at holding corners as the AK. The scope limits your view, and you can’t possibly exercise a consistent spray when rushed. I don’t know really, but I can only see more and more players ‘zoom’ in on the action.

In the next update, non-scoped weapons will probably receive an iron-sight zoom (with spread reduction)…

May Gabe help COD, ag, CS. My 2c.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
^, look at this guy talking like he doesn't run around with a Pro90 :p

I've tried the AUG and SG in casual in the last week... they're going to take getting used to. I can't control the spray and don't like using the scope (the bounce when firing puts me off).

I like the changes...brings more variety to the game.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

I've tried the AUG and SG in casual in the last week... they're going to take getting used to. I can't control the spray and don't like using the scope (the bounce when firing puts me off).

P90, the casual chainsaw.

It is not hard to get used to them, besides you can reduce the scope in bobbing a bit within the terms the devs want you to play the game at.

The SG has better spray control when scoped in.

The AUG isn’t really a bad weapon. The spray is very similar to the AK’s spread and it does more damage than the two M4 weapons.

No, it doesn’t add variety, the variety was always there, but it changes the meta the game was born in.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master

Agree on the changes, it’s good that the game evolves. And to be fair, a scoped AR shouldn’t be a neglected weapon in a game, makes no sense.

Quiz night.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Now that Valve has made CS economically feasible for the SG and AUG in Competitive mode, if noobs still fail to rank beyond that of MG2, then they have set up this game to fail in the shadows of Battle Royal, because if I am correct these meta changes are a systematic introduction for a Battle Royal mode which will most certainly be pushed on to the competitive stage.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
From a guy who is a self-proclaimed pro, but amateur 'global' at best, and who has an invested interest in the CSGO community.