CT International - long-term underground parking??

Executive Member
I know OR Tambo has long-term parking at reduced rates. Does CT? Apparently, the normal underground parking is R96 per day. That's a bit excessive if leaving the car for over a week.

Failing that, who can recommend a not-too-expensive shuttle/transfer/whatever they're called. I'm a bit of a distance from the airport...

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
How far are u from the airport? No mate/family to drop you off there? I know you ain't from round here....

Executive Member
Don't think I know anyone well enough to impose on them yet. All family is in Jhb. Even the very extended family.

I'm... very far away. Let's say... 45 minutes?

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Don't think I know anyone well enough to impose on them yet. All family is in Jhb. Even the very extended family.

I'm... very far away. Let's say... 45 minutes?
Hmm, that is quite far. In km terms? Shuttle/taxi is gonna be costly :(

Executive Member
Thanks, Kage. Their shuttle rates were competitive, and it works out about the same to store my car there or to take the shuttle, so I've opted for the shuttle. Thanks!

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Thanks, Kage. Their shuttle rates were competitive, and it works out about the same to store my car there or to take the shuttle, so I've opted for the shuttle. Thanks!
Where did you find the prices on that site if I may ask?

Executive Member
Where did you find the prices on that site if I may ask?
I called and asked.

There was a quote generator as well, but I didn't want to sign up until I knew prices.

I like that I could book online there. An option to consider when flying again next month (I'm not a phone person; I'm an online/email person :p).

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I called and asked.

There was a quote generator as well, but I didn't want to sign up until I knew prices.

I like that I could book online there. An option to consider when flying again next month (I'm not a phone person; I'm an online/email person :p).
Haha, I was just wondering cos I am sure I could drive you there and back for less :p

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Shuttle transfers FTW!

The guy will carry your baggage :)

Also, nice to know somebody will drive you around if you're tired. And no hassles with parking money etc either.

Sackboy

Executive Member
Beware of the shuttles. I use them and sometimes your luggage gets sneekily offloaded at a hotel while you are sitting in the van.

Executive Member
Shuttle transfers FTW!

The guy will carry your baggage :)

Also, nice to know somebody will drive you around if you're tired. And no hassles with parking money etc either.
Yep, me and the drivers are going to be good friends soon :p