Current lockdown will cause an economic implosion - Solidarity

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
In die memorandum to President Ramaphosa, Solidarity says that every effort should be made to enable South Africa’s workers and entrepreneurs to earn an income to protect vulnerable and lonely citizens in South Africa, while maintaining peace and stability
speaking the tail deliciously there Solidarity

MightyQuin

Not amused...

access

Honorary Master
starving themselves of revenue is bound to hasten it. shouldve add more revenue streams, like cannabis sales.

and selling off all those reserves seems like a kak idea now doesnt it...

krycor

Honorary Master
“For a sustained fight against the virus, people must be able to work in healthy environments.”

Yes.. but how do you ensure “healthy” environments? Please let the government & us know vs what’s available right now with degree of certainty and risk calc. I saw nothing of this in the article yet this is the core requirement which the argument hinges on.

Last I checked, there is no rapid test with a high enough degree of accuracy available and PCR test doesn’t help when it takes long to process and is a view of two days ago and is very costly (least of which is capacity in terms of resourcing kit parts, funding and lab availability).

If he put together a non-arrogant memo which is hard for them, it will be considered I’m sure.. how far from reality it is and how it lines up with other submissions though? Who knows.

Jodes

A dead economy will let the virus spread even further, most definitely longer!

WalkWithMe

And how do you determine is someone is healthy? Not asymptotic?
How do you get these people to work? Public transport is the key thing here. I am not talking only of Taxi's but the Gautrain to everything in between. not many people have cars or can afford to run this cars on their own...