Cyberpunk 2077 coming back to PlayStation Store, but with warning to PS4 players

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Cyberpunk 2077 returning to PlayStation Store, but there is bad news for PS4 players

Six months after being booted off the PlayStation Store, Cyberpunk 2077 is heading back to the platform.

In a regulatory announcement on Tuesday, the game's developer CD Projekt Red said that Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) had decided to reinstate the availability of the digital edition of Cyberpunk 2077 on the store from 21 June.

The highly anticipated game was met with substantial backlash after its release in December 2020, with players reporting numerous gameplay and mission bugs, graphical glitches, crashes, and serious performance issues.

The performance problems were particularly prevalent on older gaming consoles like the standard (non-Pro) PlayStation 4 and the original Xbox One.

Swa

Honorary Master
Didn't know it was still delisted. See they're now offering it at a 30% discount.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
I was fortunate enough to play it on the PS5, even so, it wasn't quite the best experience. Plenty of bugs still and at least one crash during each play session.

Having said all that, I loved this game, I enjoyed the story line just wished they could have sorted out all the crap sooner.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I was fortunate enough to play it on the PS5, even so, it wasn't quite the best experience. Plenty of bugs still and at least one crash during each play session.

Having said all that, I loved this game, I enjoyed the story line just wished they could have sorted out all the crap sooner.
Same on Series X. Awesome game, crap bugs. Needs more story DLC and a multiplayer mode though...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The game has been on an update hiatus since April 28. Steam reviews are on a downtrend, to take note that most positive reviews in bulk took place within the launch window,

Capture.PNG

so... why would Sony allow this game back now, unless CDPR has something else planned to boost sales?

I am guessing a DLC announcement on the 21 June, or perhaps even its launch, but I would say that we are in that window, otherwise this game will be dead in a month.

Capture2.PNG

Yes, this doesn't indicate the player numbers elsewhere, but that is a small base which would include the hardcore loyalists, modders, etc, and latecomers.

The big Steam sale is also happening this month come that time somewhere, so I think that I may be right about the DLC.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
A DLC drop is possible going by their roadmap,

960x0.jpg

unless they opted to go the paid route earlier than the public anticipated.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Ive been playing it on PC for nearly 2 months now and not a single glitch anywhere :thumbsup:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Ive been playing it on PC for nearly 2 months now and not a single glitch anywhere :thumbsup:

New save on the latest patch?

Hint: Save regularly and don't reload the same save too many times. Many issues in this game is related to save game node corruption.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
New save on the latest patch?

Hint: Save regularly and don't reload the same save too many times. Many issues in this game is related to save game node corruption.
I am on v1.2 or something like that. I don't know how to update as I didn't get my game off Steam :whistling:

ponder

Honorary Master
Lol, I still recall cdpr telling their investors the game will run fine on ps4 in future after updates.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I finally have a PC that can run this game decently. I'll probably buy it when it drops in price (upgrading my PC has cost me a lot!)

prOd

Expert Member
That roadmap, lmao. Looks like someone just stuck something together in Powerpoint before a big meeting. But I might pick this up when the next gen support lands, fck knows whenever that is.