Cybersmart free Openserve account

cavedog

Honorary Master

Not sure how many use that on their Openserve ADSL,VDSL or Fibre lines but they sent a mail this morning which said

They are now offering unlimited data topups on this which are priced at

1 day topup with unlimited data R29
2 day topup with unlimited data R39
5 day topup with unlimited data R59
30 day topup with unlmited data R199

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
How does this work? You only want to use your line today so pay R29 for that distinct privilege? At your house.

Help me out here

cavedog

Honorary Master
How does this work? You only want to use your line today so pay R29 for that distinct privilege? At your house.

Help me out here
You need to have an active Openserve adsl,vdsl or fibre line.

In your router just swap your current ISP pppoe details with the free one provided by Cybersmart.

This could be handy for anyone on capped service or has a line only fibre service from say ISAT or ISPAfrika. Obviously anyone with an Openserve line can also take advantage. Also nice to compare with what you currently get on your ISP network performance wise.

Lifeofagambler

Cavedog since you signed up for this offer, have you been contacted by Cybersmart requesting Rica documentation?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Cavedog since you signed up for this offer, have you been contacted by Cybersmart requesting Rica documentation?
Via email. The signup is instant. It automatically creates a support ticket in which they will explain they need rica documents or the account will be suspended in 10 days after signup. Not sure if it has since changed but I think it was @blunt that mentioned they now asked rica .pdf documents to be uploaded during signup.

mathebus

Via email. The signup is instant. It automatically creates a support ticket in which they will explain they need rica documents or the account will be suspended in 10 days after signup. Not sure if it has since changed but I think it was @blunt that mentioned they now asked rica .pdf documents to be uploaded during signup.
Yep, signed up now to test my 4meg ADSL line. Had to provide ID and proof of residence.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member

Not sure how many use that on their Openserve ADSL,VDSL or Fibre lines but they sent a mail this morning which said

They are now offering unlimited data topups on this which are priced at

1 day topup with unlimited data R29
2 day topup with unlimited data R39
5 day topup with unlimited data R59
30 day topup with unlmited data R199
Will give this a go when my pre-paid Afrihost data expires.

MDKza

make sure your file extensions are lower case.. my proof of address was .PDF, when i made it .pdf it worked. silly bug
Just checked they are lower case. Was hoping they weren't.

mister

Executive Member
This could be handy for anyone on capped service or has a line only fibre service from say ISAT or ISPAfrika. Obviously anyone with an Openserve line can also take advantage. Also nice to compare with what you currently get on your ISP network performance wise.
Hmmm... ISPAfrika is no longer providing residential services or something to that effect so I have to move my lines to somebody else. Didn't realise ISAT also did 'line-only'.

MeTsU

Hmmm... ISPAfrika is no longer providing residential services or something to that effect so I have to move my lines to somebody else. Didn't realise ISAT also did 'line-only'.
That's interesting, I didn't know that.

I moved from ISPAfrika (Feb 2016 to March 2019) to ISAT (April 2019 to present). Currently testing this package with the R199 uncapped add on, on a 100Mb Openserve link - very happy.

mister

Executive Member
I moved from ISPAfrika (Feb 2016 to March 2019) to ISAT (April 2019 to present). Currently testing this package with the R199 uncapped add on, on a 100Mb Openserve link - very happy.
I think I read that openserve massively increased their line prices while reducing IPC? I wonder if ISAT will be able to continue providing line only deals?

MeTsU

I think I read that openserve massively increased their line prices while reducing IPC? I wonder if ISAT will be able to continue providing line only deals?
I read it differently, that Openserve had reduced IPC pricing to become more competitive, but what came from this was that the ISP's couldn't pass on this saving to us as clients. This was in March or April 2020.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I don't know the details ISPs would have those details but as far as I could see is that ISPs that wanted the lower IPC prices had new contracts or terms and that is when line prices increased. ISPs that did not take the new lowered IPC costs still have line rates on the lower brackets. How long that will last not sure really but looking at ISAT they aren't that big in the data portions so maybe they will keep off if that's an option for as long as possible.

blunt

Expert Member
Anyone know where you can check your remaining cap on these accounts? Last time I tried their ADSL usage checker it didn't work