Cybersmart launches ‘fixed price’ ADSL offerings; Axxess R99 uncapped vouchers

Lounger

Expert Member
Axxess explains that when you purchase an uncapped voucher on the 10th of the month and you activate it on the same day, the account will only remain active until the end of that month.
Axxess continues to do really nutty things!!

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
Well atleast its more honest. But it looks like you pay an obscene amount for anything other than "fixed price very contended".

But at the end of the day you can only know how long a piece of string is when you have seen both ends.

Who knows...

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
Laurie Fialkov is wasted as MD of an ISP. He should have been a school headmaster.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Well atleast its more honest. But it looks like you pay an obscene amount for anything other than "fixed price very contended".

But at the end of the day you can only know how long a piece of string is when you have seen both ends.

Who knows...

Can someone justify R999 for 384Kbps uncapped.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Sounds fairly absurd to me, but I am starting to think that all the naysayers about 'uncapped' may have been correct.

shogun

Expert Member
What kind of terms are those? Something tells me a lot of ppl left, and that hurt. Not very impressed with the new offering though. I'd like to know when throttling kicks in.

Either way, and interesting read.

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
While we are discussing this, which would you put your money on, a horse or a racing donkey?

Shayd

Expert Member
While Cybersmart seems to be putting in quite a few rules, there is no mention of shaping so looks like a good option as far as "normal" users are concerned as well as gamers.

Dunno if the Joburg IPC is up yet so maybe avoid if you in Gauteng for gaming. But when I have used them in the past their network seemed snappy. I only download 12am to 7am anyhow as MWEB shaping makes it pointless doing it any other time.

Last edited:

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
While Cybersmart seems to be putting in quite a few rules, there is no mention of shaping so looks like a good option as far as "normal" users are concerned as well as gamers.

Dunno if the Joburg IPC is up yet so maybe avoid if you in Gauteng for gaming. But when I have used them in the past their network seemed snappy. I only download 12am to 7am anyhow as MWEB shaping makes it pointless doing it any other time.

Fixed.

Fader4

Expert Member
Sounds fairly absurd to me, but I am starting to think that all the naysayers about 'uncapped' may have been correct.

never, even with all the problems mweb has i seldom pull less than 350gb on my home account, this weekend alone i did more than 45gb....so unless these naysayers can provide a viable alternative they can stuff it.

Fader4

Expert Member
“There is no way a ‘returning user’ who has been with us, jumped ship and now wants to come back because he realizes uncapped is a figment of the imagination is ever going to get this product,” said Failkov.

Fialkov further explained that if a subscriber does not have a data consumption which they deem reasonable using the weighting rules below, they will either throttle the service or discontinue the service depending on how much free bandwidth they have available at the time.

this account sounds like afrifails "uncapped" but without the pretense and at a silly price aswell.

Grouter

Expert Member
Laurie Fialkov is wasted as MD of an ISP. He should have been a school headmaster.

QFT. The arrogance of:

"There is no way a ‘returning user’ who has been with us, jumped ship and now wants to come back because he realizes uncapped is a figment of the imagination is ever going to get this product,” said Failkov."

beggars belief.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
I do appreciate this guys honesty = most people just cover up and I have been saying form the beginning that uncapped will never be uncapped because bandwidth is too costly to make it sustainable.

So the WA MD was right from the start...

markings

Expert Member
QFT. The arrogance of:

"There is no way a ‘returning user’ who has been with us, jumped ship and now wants to come back because he realizes uncapped is a figment of the imagination is ever going to get this product,” said Failkov."

beggars belief.
+1
Kicking your previous customers in their teeth when they want to come back is not a good way to attract new ones.

ColinR

Expert Member
I worry about their usage stats. I was on 384 uncapped. got kicked off for abuse. Moved my line to WebAfrica 4Mbps 50GB Titan. Average usage now without changing anything is sub 20GB. Cybersmart stats said I used in excess of 40GB every month on 384.

I have a few other accounts at Cybersmart for various places.. arrogance of the company is starting to irritate me. No need to be arrogant toward (ex) customers. As in my case, I'm both an ex, and current customer!

Curtix2

I have to say I am on MWEB uncapped 4 Meg and still DAMN happy.
All this rubbish about unsustainable - I just laugh all of my friends and family are on MWEB and aren't complaining.
But carry on...

ijack

What an idiot! Why would anyone want to support this arrogant twat? Reading this article I felt like I was in assembly back at school. He thinks everyone is waiting outside his office for a spanking.

Unbelievable! I see Cyberdumb in a new light now.

fiaskow

Too many conditions

Who would want to be held to such a list of conditions? Make it easy for the consumer I'd say.