Cybersmart launches ‘fixed price’ ADSL offerings; Axxess R99 uncapped vouchers

Chunkyfeather

WOW, cybersmart is such a fail.

Arrogance, limitations and just plain expensive sums up their "uncapped" offering.

Thankfully they put a good spin at the end of the article about Axxess' new offering :)

PS: Not to derail too much, but how can cybersmarts product be called uncapped, when they clearly state, that you will be cut off if you use it like an uncapped service. (okay not in those words, but it IS implied).

Someone needs to take these ISP's to the ASA regarding the use of the word "uncapped".

MickeyD

RIP
PS: Not to derail too much, but how can cybersmarts product be called uncapped, when they clearly state, that you will be cut off if you use it like an uncapped service. (okay not in those words, but it IS implied).

Someone needs to take these ISP's to the ASA regarding the use of the word "uncapped".
That is EXACTLY why they are not advertising an uncapped service...

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
“There is no way a ‘returning user’ who has been with us, jumped ship and now wants to come back because he realizes uncapped is a figment of the imagination is ever going to get this product,” said Failkov.

I have no problems with my uncapped Mr Failkov ;)

AndrewAlston

Group Head of IP Strategy – Liquid Telecommunicati
While I won't get into a debate about uncapped vs capped vs unshaped vs shaped and everything that goes around, I for one have to say I applaud Laurie and Cybersmart for their straight up honesty in what they have said here.

THere are way to many ISPs out there with hidden terms and conditions, loads of fine print, and unless you as a consumer are reading very very carefully you find you end up buying something you never bargained on.

These T&C's may be seen by some as a little onerous, but I have to ask, has anyone closely read their own T&C's in their ISP contracts, and are they any better? The difference is, these aren't couched in legalize that no one is meant to understand, or to even find for that matter. This is straight up honesty, and I for one believe that its about time the market had more of it!

Cube3

Expert Member
I'm sure once some legislation passes to prosecute pirates, the uncapped won't be such an issue for the all the regular people who just use it for browsing,gaming, legal downloading.

All you warez downloading people are just making the "unsustainable" model a reality with your need to fill your 2 TB drive every month with random ****.

Oneday you will end up in jail for it ;)

MFour

Expert Member
I'm sure once some legislation passes to prosecute pirates, the uncapped won't be such an issue for the all the regular people who just use it for browsing,gaming, legal downloading.

All you warez downloading people are just making the "unsustainable" model a reality with your need to fill your 2 TB drive every month with random ****.

Oneday you will end up in jail for it ;)

You work for Telkom much?

Nimz

Executive Member
I wonder whats fair usage for them on a 384 line.....

Amos_Keeto

But at the end of the day you can only know how long a piece of string is when you have seen both ends.

I've been with Cybersmart's pseudo uncapped offering since about April / May, and recently that string has become VERY short. I tend to stay under their "fair use" limit, and on the rolling scale I'm easily around 20GB under.

BUT

The last couple of weeks, my international connection has gone to hell in a hand basket. Guess I'm in the super duper extremely very high contention group. What this means, is that on my line that quite happily gets me a 7Mb sync locally, I am lucky to get 1Mb international. My upload rate regularly outstrips my download rate.

And the "honesty" is a farce, every time I email them to ask what's up, they reply with some other random bull****. Last time it was because they were having issues with you tube. Yeah, instead of having the "honesty" to tell me what's up, they wait for this press release. Honesty my arse.

I've lost all faith in Cybersmart. Referring a new customer? Bah! I'm more likely to be one of those who now jumps ship.

eitai2001

Expert Member
“There is no way a ‘returning user’ who has been with us, jumped ship and now wants to come back because he realizes uncapped is a figment of the imagination is ever going to get this product,” said Failkov.

FAIL!!!

Edit: Awe, damn ... ShaunSA beat me to it ... should have read all the posts :p

Rawb

Pathetic.

You sure you WANT customers?

Okinawaiso

Imagine if Cybersmart sold flights:
“You can fly to London for cheap, but only if you have a friend who flies there that recommended you. But if your friend flies a lot… that will affect your flight. We might only be able to fly you half-way – but don’t worry, we’ll drop you in Dar es Salaam – where you can make your own way to London.
So if you fly a lot, it would be better to recommend people who don’t fly that often… so you can fly more.”

rsd

Ok, won't touch Cybersmart with a stick, what a lunatic.

Amos_Keeto

Worse yet, I work from home. I have a fast line and "fakey uncapped" to make this easier. When I need to download something big, I need it now, and I need it fast. I can't wait around till between midnight and 8am so that it "gets weighted less".

Gaaaaah!!! Googling alternatives.

convict21

QFT. The arrogance of:

"There is no way a ‘returning user’ who has been with us, jumped ship and now wants to come back because he realizes uncapped is a figment of the imagination is ever going to get this product,” said Failkov."

beggars belief.

+1

Shocking arrogance. I used to be a loyal cybersmart user, now Laurie can go screw himself.