Cybersmart launches ‘fixed price’ ADSL offerings; Axxess R99 uncapped vouchers

Amos_Keeto

I've emailed a couple of the support desks for various ISPs today, with a list of questions regarding their services. Each time I was sent back simple, concise answers regarding their T&Cs. So much for Cybersmart being "upfront" and "easy to understand" Pfffft...

It is clear though that uncapped is a myth and a very unsustainable business model for Cybersmart. Perhaps if they had launched it properly when mweb did, and did not insist on running such a back handed email a friend of a friend way, things would have turned out differently.

Mark my words, today we see the first steps of a local ISP trying to shove tiered internet use in our faces. Mr. Honesty has surely scored some brownie points with GoogleZon.

lexis

The explanation is as clear as cell phone tariffs - alternatively banking costs.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Everytime Mr Fialkov says something its just bull****. Cybersmart debit you when they want to and what amount that want to. Billing issues aside the God damn latency on their network is so high its a big NO NO to gamers. Ohh and if Mr Fialkov says something its about uncapped and cunsumers abusing and consumers moving ISP's. Mr Fialkov likes pointing a gun at customers moving to a better service.

God Forbid I EVER in my lifetime go back to cybersmart. I will rather get stuck with iBurst or Sentec and when know how those companies opperate.....

dre46

I don't give a crap how cheaper they get or more honest they may sound. There is know way I will leave my Tier 1 ISP.

dre46

Everytime Mr Fialkov says something its just bull****. Cybersmart debit you when they want to and what amount that want to. Billing issues aside the God damn latency on their network is so high its a big NO NO to gamers. Ohh and if Mr Fialkov says something its about uncapped and cunsumers abusing and consumers moving ISP's. Mr Fialkov likes pointing a gun at customers moving to a better service.

God Forbid I EVER in my lifetime go back to cybersmart. I will rather get stuck with iBurst or Sentec and when know how those companies opperate.....

+1

dre46

I used to be a Cybersmart customer and now I'm with MWeb (384K uncapped).
There is no ways I'll touch Cybersmart's offerings with their overly complicated and obfuscated T&C's.

Strictly, where does this guy get off from. He wants S.A to stay in the dark ages I suppose...

Well I'm sorry to point this out to you Mr Fialkov, but MWeb's uncapped seems to be doing pretty well and I'd regard it as being "uncapped".
Aside from the recent network upgrade issues I get full line speed whether I download 500MB or 50GB.

Mr Fialkov, it's time you go out of business because it's ISPs with your attitude that are holding the rest of South Africa back. Please go join the pity party with Mr Tim Walter from Nashua Mobile (http://mybroadband.co.za/news/insight/15726-Uncapped-ADSL-and-Broadband-myths.html).

Strictly, where does this guy get off from. He wants S.A to stay in the dark ages I suppose... ?

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
And by the way, all Cybersmart customer's reading this filthy thread will earn 10 demerits and a detention on Friday afternoon. And you can count yourselves flippin' lucky that corporal punishment has been outlawed.

You, boy! Yes, you.... stop fidgeting!

jGLZa

I too jumped ship when Mweb came out with their uncapped offerings. Not because I wanted to but because I was virtually forced to when Cybersmart just changed my account without my permission. Mega-fail! but actually they did me a big favour.

Cosmic_Nomad

And by the way, all Cybersmart customer's reading this filthy thread will earn 10 demerits and a detention on Friday afternoon. And you can count yourselves flippin' lucky that corporal punishment has been outlawed.

You, boy! Yes, you.... stop fidgeting!

Bwhhahahah Love it :)

Barge

Why on earth pay R338 for "fixed price" adsl when you can get MWEB uncapped for R349. Both include line rental. To me that would be R11 extra very well spent.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Why on earth pay R338 for "fixed price" adsl when you can get MWEB uncapped for R349. Both include line rental. To me that would be R11 extra very well spent.

Its funny isn't it? :) And its an excellent service in my experience. If whoever was running MWEB was the minister of the DoC we'd see fireworks in this country's internet. Too bad we're stuck with a bunch of entrenched cadres -_- (The ANC's only notable invention: "Economic Trench Warfare")

TMoose

Expert Member
I'm currently a Cybersmart customer, but to be honest they've been rubbing me the wrong way for quite some time now. Won't be switching soon, but maybe early next year. They really have a crappy attitude towards customers.

waynerau

Ignorance is bliss

I'm sure once some legislation passes to prosecute pirates, the uncapped won't be such an issue for the all the regular people who just use it for browsing,gaming, legal downloading.

All you warez downloading people are just making the "unsustainable" model a reality with your need to fill your 2 TB drive every month with random ****.

Oneday you will end up in jail for it ;)

Its not just prates that need the cap the net is full of free stuff that we need the cap for on my ps3
i am downloading legal beta release's in witch are sometimes 3 gigs at a time and online games chow bandwidth.