Cybersmart launches 100Mbps fibre service

km2

Expert Member
P2P and other file sharing programs are limited to 2Mbps during 7am and midnight.

Good grief, not that it matters as much for a business service, but a 2Mbps cap from a 100Mbps connection seems to be really cheaping out.

Drunkard #1

Expert Member
The service also comes with 100% guaranteed uptime between 7am and 7pm. Fialkov said that customers will be refunded if they find that this is not the case.

You your company loses a R 100 000 order because your phones failed for an hour, and Failkov will say sorry and refund you R43.54 for the hour downtime. Sorry, but for R 12 000 a month (how does that price compare, anyway) he's going to have to do better than that.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Cybersmart? Are they still around? I thought they got left behind in the last decade.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Cybersmart? Are they still around? I thought they got left behind in the last decade.

They are one of the highest tier ISP's in the country.

I still rate they have the best value product in the market at the moment.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
You your company loses a R 100 000 order because your phones failed for an hour, and Failkov will say sorry and refund you R43.54 for the hour downtime. Sorry, but for R 12 000 a month (how does that price compare, anyway) he's going to have to do better than that.

I read it that if you have ANY downtime whatsoever during business hours, you get your entire month refunded. That's how SLA's usually work - not achieving the promised service levels, mean you don't pay that month.

Tinuva

The Magician
They are one of the highest tier ISP's in the country.

I still rate they have the best value product in the market at the moment.
I wouldn't go as far to say that...they are ok'ish...and cheap.

km2

Expert Member

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I've never used Cybersmart and I'm sure they are just fine but their website is horrible, I looks like it was styled by a primary school pupil. :sick:

Praeses

Expert Member
How is this price internationally comparable? It definitely isn't.

kianm

Honorary Master
IMO if you pay that much for internet (business/home) that service has to be trully uncapped and unshapped finish n klaar. Moderate contention is expected though

elvis_presley

Expert Member
IMO if you pay that much for internet (business/home) that service has to be trully uncapped and unshapped finish n klaar. Moderate contention is expected though

We pay about the same for 20mbit proper enterprise-class uncapped from Neotel, and it's worth it. Guaranteed 1:1 contention, proper SLA (I think if we're down for 4 hours we get 33% off our monthly bill, and it gets to 100% off pretty quick) and if there's a problem we have direct lines to senior technicians and a 4-hour escalation procedure to the country's head of support.

Swa

Honorary Master
Seem to be offering last decade's products. At R12k it has to be uncontended and unshaped with guaranteed uptime. No wonder none of these clowns made it in Parkhurst.

McGuywer

Executive Member
We pay about the same for 20mbit proper enterprise-class uncapped from Neotel, and it's worth it. Guaranteed 1:1 contention, proper SLA (I think if we're down for 4 hours we get 33% off our monthly bill, and it gets to 100% off pretty quick) and if there's a problem we have direct lines to senior technicians and a 4-hour escalation procedure to the country's head of support.

That is very good. And that is the way it should be.
Neotel's fibre coverage is much better than Cybersmart's.