Cybersmart reveals new uncapped ADSL prices

blunt

Expert Member
After all the stories about billing and people trying to cancel their CS accounts I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

lexis

Must admit nothing I have seen yet has made me consider moving from AH.

I am with AH 2mb uncapped bundle: AH R497 v. Telkom R459 v. Cybersmart R 445.

A move to Cybersmart could save me over R600 per year!

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I am with AH 2mb uncapped bundle: AH R497 v. Telkom R459 v. Cybersmart R 445.

A move to Cybersmart could save me over R600 per year!

And cost you more than R600 in frustrations.

Drifter

Honorary Master
WHat do they mean by "bundled account"? Is that including line rental?

BGE

Expert Member
Pretty uncompetitive business adsl pricing that:

Cybersmart: 4Mbps R845/m
Cybersmart: 10Mbps R1,375/m

Afrihost: 4mbsp R697.00/m
Afrihost: 10mbsp R997.00/m

That's a pretty large difference... not sure why ppl would then consider Cybersmart????

Dade Murphy

As an ex Cybersmart uncapped user I would suggest people to stay away from them. Poor speeds and service even after additional IPC nodes were installed.

Gs47

Any ISP lowering their prices without lowering the value proposition is welcomed, well done Cybersmart!

ElecEng

Are Mbpsps faster than Mbps? :p

Mbpsps would refer to the rate of change of Mbps. Hence your line would be capable of running at full speed and only a second later you could have absolutely zero throughput.

saa044

Expert Member
Also a ex uncapped subscriber of wazzup (they are a isp that works under / are part of cybersmart) Speed was ok bundled with a lot of hassels, got this email from them back in 2011

Hi Danie

In line with our fair usage policy, we regretfully have to inform you that we will not be able to continue maintaining your subscription.

You average usage have been well and beyond what we can sustain and we have been unable to justify the volume of data to our upstream service provider.

In recent months you exceeded 100gig and your account usage was reported to have exceeded 200gig during the last month.

Our upstream service provider have informed us that we will no longer be able to resell this service, if we continue to allow such exceeding of the fair usage policy.

Wazzup Internet would be happy to provide you with capped data services, but cannot agree to any extension or repeat uncapped services subscription. (And here I thought I was subscribed to a uncapped package :p)

Please let us know if you wish us to terminate your ADSL circuit subscription, alternatively we can simply downgrade your current subscription to a circuit only subscription.

If we do not hear from you by the 15th of this month, we will schedule your data subscription and circuit to be cancelled at the end of the month.

We thank you for your support and understanding.

Kind regards

Andre @ Wazzup Internet
021 460 0411 / 087 625 0595

My Adsl circuit is still with them though @ R359 for the 4 / 10mbps Adsl circuit which I think is not a bad price.

Also if you plan on getting uncapped from these guys, make sure you dont use more than 100GB a month. LOL.

Last edited:

falcon786

Honorary Master
Mbpsps would refer to the rate of change of Mbps. Hence your line would be capable of running at full speed and only a second later you could have absolutely zero throughput.

LMAO only an engineer could have put it into that perspective!!!! :p

Come to think about it maybe ISP's should start rating their shaping that way.

Totempole

Expert Member
Cybersmart CEO Laurie Fialkov explained that they decided not to create another product with lower service levels...

It wouldn't be humanly possible to create another product with lower service levels than their current Uncapped offering. :mad:

Bern

Expert Member

All the mobile guys should change their adverts to this notation!

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'm pretty happy with my 2 Cybersmart accounts. Yes, I went through a patch of poor performance and actually gave notice on both accounts. Cybersmart, to their credit, fought to make things right and the performance I'm currently getting, at the price point is pretty spectacular.

Last edited: