Cybersmart's 500Mbps uncapped fibre vs BitCo, Supersonic, and GigaGo

DailyTech

GO cELLc GO !
Ooops, too many beers ! Go Cybersmart GO !!

Last edited:

kianm

Honorary Master
This makes the speed/cost ratio on some LTE deals available nowadays look quite competitive

Lupus

Honorary Master
The Cybersmart deal is only really available to like what a few block of flats? Are they paying MyBB for these advertisements?

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
The Cybersmart deal is only really available to like what a few block of flats? Are they paying MyBB for these advertisements?
No, anywhere they have laid the cable - they do cover a few neighbourhoods as well.

They list about 1000 buildings they provide to on their website BTW
http://lightspeed.co.za/Fibre_Site_Selector.php

I can't see neighbourhood coverage but I know that there are parts of Rondenbosch and Rosebank covered.

Swa

Honorary Master
Works for some, including me. With my setup I am getting better value than what's on offer here honestly
I agree. But most of us use the internet between 6 an 11 and don't want to be paying R50/GB. Uncapped anytime is worth a lot more than R250 in this market.

kianm

Honorary Master
I agree. But most of us use the internet between 6 an 11 and don't want to be paying R50/GB. Uncapped anytime is worth a lot more than R250 in this market.
I guess for me and some folk we just fortunate to also have the Telkom uncapped joint, so don't really have to go for the R50/GB road. Total cost is still alright @ less than R800 total for portable internet you can take almost anywhere. However if the 500Meg offer was more widely available it'd be a very strong proposal for anyone