DA’s call to end lockdown over eviction rule is reckless and racist, says EFF

Currantly

Expert Member
Cape Town - The DA has been criticised for their “reckless” and “irresponsible” call for the lifting of level 1 lockdown, with the EFF saying it was racist, anti-poor and in the interest of the white minority.

Spokesperson for the DA on Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs Cilliers Brink on Tuesday said the party was calling for regulations to be lifted, saying it “made it close to impossible for property owners to obtain eviction orders”.

“While restrictions on the movement of people have long ago been lifted, the corresponding rights of property owners have not been restored. To protect their land and buildings against illegal occupation property owners have to overcome extraordinary legal hurdles, creating an open season for land grabs,” he said.

Brink called for the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (Cogta), Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma to amend the regulations.

The statement follows the Western Cape High Court in August granting the Legal Resource Centre’s (LRC) temporary interdict against the City of Cape Town and the SAPS, prohibiting the City from conducting evictions and demolitions of occupied and unoccupied structures without judicial oversight.

Linky

Currantly

Expert Member
Why are you giving these EFF radicals any attention?

I dunno if you are addressing me specifically, but my point (would be) is that the EFF want the chaos that the 'no evictions without judicial oversight' inevitably ends up in...especially in the WC.

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member
I dunno if you are addressing me specifically, but my point (would be) is that the EFF want the chaos that the 'no evictions without judicial oversight' inevitably ends up in...especially in the WC.
You made no point; just dropped an OP with a quote and a link to hastily add something afterwards when brought into question.

Mila

Honorary Master
I don't disagree, I'm sure the houtbay guy is still squatting in that house.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The poor suffered the most under lockdown...

How many domestic workers, gardeners, casual workers and in general people that live hand-to-mouth do they think lost their jobs?

Most of the middle class battled through but them surviving meant they cut a lot of financial support to those at or below the poverty line.

Even that imbecile NDZ said she didn't expect the poor would've suffered the way they did during her lockdown.

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Which colonial state ? Before concentration camp or after ?

We can go further back, before Mfecane or after?

To be honest, the question is irrelevant, as we have had pre-colonial settlements, and that the word, 'colonial' has become a political stigma associated with European colonisation.

In a historical context, various 'tribes', African and European established civilization in Southern Africa. I mean, the Mfecane was in its very self an imperialist act.

Anyway, back to OT.

The Disaster Management Act is being abused because it culled co-operative governance.

surface

Honorary Master
We can go further back, before Mfecane or after?

To be honest, the question is irrelevant, as we have had pre-colonial settlements, and that the word, 'colonial' has become a political stigma associated with European colonisation.

In a historical context, various 'tribes', African and European established civilization in Southern Africa. I mean, the Mfecane was in its very self an imperialist act.

Anyway, back to OT.

The Disaster Management Act is being abused because it culled co-operative governance.
I see. I will remember to mention Mfecane when someone mentions colonial. I have so much to learn.