DA Councillor Renaldo Gouws embroiled in social media row

newjourno

Expert Member
It will be interesting to see if Renaldo goes to parliament under the new DA leadership. He seems to be liked by Steenhuisen and the dominant faction.

I even recall JS saying "I don't see how anyone can not like you," during one of Renaldo's recent Sunday debates.

It would surely mean more entertainment in parliament as the guy seems to be getting involved in social media spats all the time.

I think he also has ambitions since he toned down on his aggressiveness and deleted all his older videos once he became active in politics.

theratman

Executive Member
"Last Thursday evening he sent a cease and desist letter to Thegandra Naidoo, the publisher of those videos, saying he would consider legal action if he did not get an apology by Friday July 31."

Really? He can't be serious.

R13...

Honorary Master
Someone tag him here and see if he is still active. His name is Reindeer but with a "3" somewhere.

newjourno

Expert Member
I like steenhuisen, this chap I for some reason cannot stand. Bit of a pompous fool.
He's kind of funny actually. Most of his Tweets are insults at other people and Trumpian in style. It's also ironic how he gets outraged when someone has a go at the DA or Helen Zille but claims to be against outrage.

For some reason, he turned a blind eye when Trollip had a go at Zille but he unleashed his wrath on Mashaba and Maimane.

He also goes on about being "centrist leaning left" all the time, when he is clearly centre-right or moderately right. His views on gun control certainly are right-wing.

Last edited:

EADC

Executive Member
Yeah we know how the DA operates its fairly obvious.

“I have no idea why he is so protected. He has broken every rule there is with his podcasts and YouTube channels, but because he seems to support the right people they don't do anything to him. That's what I have seen,” said the party member.

Currantly

Anyone got a quick link to the old videos of his? Can't be arsed to go looking...

newjourno

Expert Member
Tbh, he actually echoes the views of much of the DA's electorate. I'm not a fan of his but it would be a massive mistake of them to get rid of him unless he says something extremely foolish.

He would get a free pass on his older content on technical grounds even if much of it is foolish.

EADC

Executive Member
Tbh, he actually echoes the views of much of the DA's electorate. I'm not a fan of his but it would be a massive mistake of them to get rid of him unless he says something extremely foolish.

He would get a free pass on his older content on technical grounds even if much of it is foolish.
I am just saying some other popular members are not members any more the rules should apply to everyone.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I like steenhuisen, this chap I for some reason cannot stand. Bit of a pompous fool.
He's makes some good points from time to time but absolute garbage points the majority of the time.

Craig

Honorary Master
Because he is brighter than you.
Yeah, don't know where that would then leave you in the mix. Anyway, I think it's because I was looking for the presidents feed once at a time and he had his channel up with a misleading title at the same time. Whatever the reason, I don't like him. Steenhuisen seems much smarter and wittier than him though.

newjourno

Expert Member
Anyone got a quick link to the old videos of his? Can't be arsed to go looking...
He deleted them but if you look deeply, you might be able to find some snippets online here and there from third party sources.

In 2010, Deborah Patta did a Third Degree episode on race and presented him as a white radical. There is some footage from his older stuff around 1:10 into the video.

konfab

Honorary Master
Of course we know how they operate:

They are so evil and racist that they went against the national government's edicts and continued operate the school feeding schemes for poor children, whilst the morally pure ANC, EFF and COSATU wanted those programs to be halted.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Someone tag him here and see if he is still active. His name is Reindeer but with a "3" somewhere.
Haha. Forgot he was reindeer. What a...

I enjoyed his vid of him walking around King's Beach on New Year's day decrying all the mess being made.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
He's kind of funny actually. Most of his Tweets are insults at other people and Trumpian in style. It's also ironic how he gets outraged when someone has a go at the DA or Helen Zille but claims to be against outrage.

For some reason, he turned a blind eye when Trollip had a go at Zille but he unleashed his wrath on Mashaba and Maimane.

He also goes on about being "centrist leaning left" all the time, when he is clearly centre-right or moderately right. His views on gun control certainly are right-wing.
He's similar to many ANC in that he's a right leaning person larping as a left winger.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
White radical, white arrogance ... If we say anything that's against the "majority".
Fckit.... i'm going home. Whisky matters.