DA Councillor Renaldo Gouws embroiled in social media row

Jabulani22

Expert Member
I just showed above that this wasn't true, I also showed above how altering one word based on a ruling to another word still keeps the original and intentional meaning, it just bypassed the law.

Nothing offends me either, that is why I also have no attachment to a piece of cloth. I was just pointing out how when two groups get attached to a piece of cloth, the group that needs something shouldn't be pissing off the group that has something they need, in this instance sympathy.
Oh , i thought you were just making sweeping assumptions based on people's proximity , silly me .

abzo

Honorary Master
Come on Renaldo. Why’re you so afraid of coming here? We know you’re following this. You’re way too full of yourself not to be. Do you want us to come over to twitter to deal with you? Don’t be a coward.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Come on Renaldo. Why’re you so afraid of coming here? We know you’re following this. You’re way too full of yourself not to be. Do you want us to come over to twitter to deal with you? Don’t be a coward.
I guess he is one degree short.

newjourno

Expert Member
The comments is fcking hilarious. LMAO.
SBTW ... what did this Nickolaus dude do to Renaldo ?
Renaldo goes on a twitter witch hunt against anyone who challenges him on Twitter or who critiques him if they have a decent following. He usually ignores those who don't have much of a following even if their arguments are solid.

The comments section of the post largely reflects the mentality of most of his hardcore followers.

One of his videos where he challenged Loving Life got more dislikes than likes so his own followers turned on him for that one. It's pretty revealing as Loving Life is a loon, apartheid apologist and a known fake news peddler.

Last edited:
Reactions: STS

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Renaldo goes on a twitter witch hunt against anyone who challenges him on Twitter or who critiques him if they have a decent following. He usually ignores those who don't have much of a following.

The comments section of the post largely reflects the mentality of most of his hardcore followers.

One of his videos where he challenged Loving Life got more dislikes than likes so his own followers turned on him for that one. It's pretty revealing as Loving Life is a loon and a known fake news peddler.
I think his opponents are becoming more versed in how to touch him on his studio. From my own observation, his online social presence, the 'virtualised' distance he places between him and his audience gives him a method to exercise control over his engagements and this instil a power trip, boosting his own presence and own worth. I have listened to him live, and he is quick to 'Tsek!' participants (also known as social engagers) who disagree with his views and his narrative. He streams the government sessions, or speeches, live but tend to talk over it, with personal commentary, with which some participants disagree with, and he will then quickly remind them whose stream they are attending. The problem being that the medium doesn't belong to him, and that his channel isn't private. Anyone, whether they like or dislike his 'brand' can view it whenever they want and may contribute accordingly.

I mean, Dr. Disrespect, which isn't a political commentator, but a gamer, who have an insensitive online ego accommodates everyone with respect. There is a reason why this personality is liked, and loved, even under heated circumstances. He associates with each and every participant. This is a person who have gone through and conquered cancel culture. Now gaming isn't politics, but constructive criticism in essence is applied the same.

In summary, in my view Renaldo is ego sensitive, Ego Fragility. His opponents are exploiting this and will continue to do so until he makes a 'emotional' derived mistake.

As I have previously said, most people who brand themselves online are hypocrites. They are quick to point out those who block them, but they also block others, and when 'politicians' do this they tend to piss against the wind. What is there to succeed? It only resolves in non-constructive criticism. Blocking is but only one example. They don't like criticism, whether it is constructive or non-constructive, but it is they themselves which opens it up to destruction.

newjourno

Expert Member
I think his opponents are becoming more versed in how to touch him on his studio. From my own observation, his online social presence, the 'virtualised' distance he places between him and his audience gives him a method to exercise control over his engagements and this instil a power trip, boosting his own presence and own worth. I have listened to him live, and he is quick to 'Tsek!' participants (also known as social engagers) who disagree with his views and his narrative. He streams the government sessions, or speeches, live but tend to talk over it, with personal commentary, with which some participants disagree with, and he will then quickly remind them whose stream they are attending. The problem being that the medium doesn't belong to him, and that his channel isn't private. Anyone, whether they like or dislike his 'brand' can view it whenever they want and may contribute accordingly.

I mean, Dr. Disrespect, which isn't a political commentator, but a gamer, who have an insensitive online ego accommodates everyone with respect. There is a reason why this personality is liked, and loved, even under heated circumstances. He associates with each and every participant. This is a person who have gone through and conquered cancel culture. Now gaming isn't politics, but constructive criticism in essence is applied the same.

In summary, in my view Renaldo is ego sensitive, Ego Fragility. His opponents are exploiting this and will continue to do so until he makes a 'emotional' derived mistake.

As I have previously said, most people who brand themselves online are hypocrites. They are quick to point out those who block them, but they also block others, and when 'politicians' do this they tend to piss against the wind. What is there to succeed? It only resolves in non-constructive criticism. Blocking is but only one example. They don't like criticism, whether it is constructive or non-constructive, but it is they themselves which opens it up to destruction.

He also harps on about how nobody from the left wants to appear on his Sunday debate (which has become a joke to some because he usually invites people who have similar views to his). One also gets an impression that the Sunday Debate is a tool to promote the DA and push his agenda as DA figures such as Helen Zille and Steenhuisen have appeared multiple times. A few others like Gwenn Ngwenya have also appeared.

Yet he has never featured anyone from the opposition faction of the DA.

I've seen quite a few left-leaning individuals tell Renaldo that they would like to debate him but he ignores it (as they don't have a few thousand followers which seems to be the biggest criteria to get onto the show which he avoids speaking about).

As you mentioned, he cares more about views than quality content.

Another interesting fact about Renaldo is that he is quick to poke fun at other parties when scandals arise but outright refuses to comment on or turns a blind eye on scandal issues within the DA. For instance, he is quick to document his views on any racism scandal or viral video but conveniently never said anything about the Van Damme incident.

Last edited:

Flanders

Honorary Master
He also harps on about how nobody from the left wants to appear on his Sunday debate (which has become a joke to some because he usually invites people who have similar views to his).
That's just not true. Lindsay Maasdorp? Gary Koekemoer? Bianca van Wyk? Daniel Friedman? The list goes on.

From what I've seen he prefers to get people with opposing views on as it makes for a better show.

Sollie

Executive Member
That's just not true. Lindsay Maasdorp? Gary Koekemoer? Bianca van Wyk? Daniel Friedman? The list goes on.

From what I've seen he prefers to get people with opposing views on as it makes for a better show.
Oi, don't let facts get into the way of a potential journalistic career ...

newjourno

Expert Member
That's just not true. Lindsay Maasdorp? Gary Koekemoer? Bianca van Wyk? Daniel Friedman? The list goes on
He has got some people with left-leaning views but an unspoken criteria of his is that they have to have a decent follower count. He could have got much more.

The majority of people he hosts are like-minded individuals and I don't see the purpose of having people like Steenhuisen and Zille multiple times (more than twice) unless he's trying to push the DA agenda.

I know a guy with left-leaning views who offered to go on his show but Renaldo did not even acknowledge it (I assume because the guy does not have a big following).

Last edited:

Sollie

Executive Member
He has got some people with left-leaning views but an unspoken criteria of his is that they have to have a decent follower count. He could have got much more.

The majority of people he hosts are like-minded individuals and I don't see the purpose of having people like Steenhuisen and Zille multiple times (not even twice) unless he's trying to push the DA agenda.

I know a guy with left-leaning views who offered to go on his show but Renaldo did not even acknowledge it (I assume because the guy does not have a big following).
Wow! Logical disconnect spotted right there. Read the OP title ... :X3: :laugh:

newjourno

Expert Member
Wow! Logical disconnect spotted right there. Read the OP title ...
I was trying to say that he's featured Zille and Steenhuisen more than twice. Ernst Roets has also been on more than twice actually. All the left-leaning people have only been once.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
How many does he have? I hope only two so that when he comes back here we’ll give him the 3rd degree.
Apparently, a lot I heard. I like Renaldo, but I don’t believe it is wise when you are politically affiliated to take on an interest within the public domain even if it is that interest trying to drag you down. I will keep on reminding the DA that they aren’t the best at social engagements, they are like a stand-up comedian, trying to seriously address social issues, which is booed at. They are consistent at selecting the wrong platform (or forum) for their specific engagements.

newjourno

Expert Member
I will keep on reminding the DA that they aren’t the best at social engagements, they are like a stand-up comedian, trying to seriously address social issues, which is booed at. They are consistent at selecting the wrong platform (or forum) for their specific engagements.
The right-leaning and dominant faction of the party do not see that. The new Helen Zille actually represents what much of them say in private because they did actually elect her over Trollip.

Ntuli who is part of the left-leaning faction does see it and its a part of her campaign but a lot of them won't give her a chance.