DA Councillor Renaldo Gouws embroiled in social media row

newjourno

Expert Member
What degrees does he have? I've heard he has a psychology degree, what are the other 3?
I also fell for it at first, I think its actually a subtle dig at Renaldo.

Renaldo often brings up his four degrees in a by the way sort of way. It became a joke because he does it repeatedly, not just once or twice and so can come off as bragging.

I haven't heard Ndlozi mention his PHD even once.

Vorastra

Expert Member
Wait a second. Is he that South African YouTuber?

I find out about like a year ago and apparently he's a DA councilor?

Alright then.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
So the oke that "exposed" him, Thegan Naidoo has a bit of online history as well. Self proclaimed social justice warrior who loves to take people to SAHRC. Daardie tipe....

Seems to have a Twitter bitch fight going between the two of them.

abzo

Honorary Master
So the oke that "exposed" him, Thegan Naidoo has a bit of online history as well. Self proclaimed social justice warrior who loves to take people to SAHRC. Daardie tipe....

Seems to have a Twitter bitch fight going between the two of them.
I see he doxxed Sherlin Govender aka @sowellnomics (Indian guy who blackfaced on twitter) who later committed suicide.

newjourno

Expert Member
Sherlin Govender aka @sowellnomics (Indian guy who blackfaced on twitter) who later committed
Sowellnomics was a legend in "classical liberal" circles

Not sure why he faked being black though. I remember that. He was caught lying when his Zulu was poor.

koeks525

Expert Member
I did not know the annoying YouTuber, Renaldo Gouws is an ANC-Lite councillor. If this is the case, why he is still accepting donations on his YouTube channel and ordering his followers to spam live streams? Wow.

newjourno

Expert Member
I did not know the annoying YouTuber, Renaldo Gouws is an ANC-Lite councillor. If this is the case, why he is still accepting donations on his YouTube channel and ordering his followers to spam live streams?
If you read the article, it mentions that some in the DA did complain about him.

The DA basically said that what he does on his channel is separate from the party.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I watched some of his videos back in the day. I wouldn't call him radical. He just used youtube as a means to vent his frustration at our useless government. It was actually quite hilarious watching him fly off the handle, partly for entertainment reasons and partly because I could relate.

Whatever people may think of him, he has definitely reeled it in considerably since and at least attempts to have two-way discussions on all things SA related by giving his guests a chance to have their say.
Ye, I think I found the same - I must admit I haven't seen a lot of his video's but in general its just one sided opinion.

Its not even his stance that I disagree with - its how he gets there.
This is the problem with most YouTube style commentators. They make criticism from a very one sided point of view never really all the other perspectives.

yebocan

Honorary Master
White radical, white arrogance ... If we say anything that's against the "majority".
Fckit.... i'm going home. Whisky matters.
know your place whitey but seriously- only way to breach the divide -- is to find a middle ground of compromise - last and final settlement of all outstanding debts...what that compromise will be o .. I have no real idea, but it will be found. I always think of it in this way....Moses could not enter the land of milk and honey , he was denied the joys of the Promise Land, as he was sullied. The same with us, South Africans, all of us.... we all are sullied by our collective past -- both sides of the divide equally, have been denied entry into our Promised Land. Only future generations will see the Promised Land come alive. But you right Whiskey matters!

Flanders

Honorary Master
know your place whitey but seriously- only way to breach the divide -- is to find a middle ground of compromise - last and final settlement of all outstanding debts...what that compromise will be o .. I have no real idea, but it will be found. I always think of it in this way....Moses could not enter the land of milk and honey , he was denied the joys of the Promise Land, as he was sullied. The same with us, South Africans, all of us.... we all are sullied by our collective past -- both sides of the divide equally, have been denied entry into our Promised Land. Only future generations will see the Promised Land come alive. But you right Whiskey matters!
They await eagerly, on one knee, for their bill to arrive...

yebocan

Honorary Master
They await eagerly, on one knee, for their bill to arrive...
not thinking along the lines of financial recompense , that won't deal with the crap we sitting with... our national painbody runs way deeper- thinking more inline of , union between the two divides to produce a united seal. Just look at our rugby captain and his wife...and the beautiful family they have...that is the sort of union I am thinking of.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Not surprised he ended up in politics. It only attracts riff raff

RedViking

Nord of the South
The DA have zero idea how to interact with the majority of South Africa or the poor or how to address their needs. There needs to be accountability among politicians, but all these ward councillors do is complain about what the ANC is doing or not doing. So makes sense they appointed Reiner/Renaldo, whatever his name is as a Councillor. Perfect candidate.