DA Councillor Renaldo Gouws embroiled in social media row

cr@zydude

Executive Member
The DA have zero idea how to interact with the majority of South Africa or the poor or how to address their needs. There needs to be accountability among politicians, but all these ward councillors do is complain about what the ANC is doing or not doing. So makes sense they appointed Reiner/Renaldo, whatever his name is as a Councillor. Perfect candidate.
The DA's recent strategy seems not to be going for large numbers of poor or non-white voters. They seem to be fighting on the defensive to prevent further loss of white voters (and funding) to the FF+.

Eric

Honorary Master
We don't really care about Nkandla academy experts here - do you realize gouws also has inherited nordic genes? Look at how Norway economy is doing and then you will realize seeds of success in people like gouws.
Well he'd better get digging and discover oil off our coast then! Flip!

krycor

Honorary Master
The DA's recent strategy seems not to be going for large numbers of poor or non-white voters. They seem to be fighting on the defensive to prevent further loss of white voters (and funding) to the FF+.
And this is what is hilarious to me.. they making the classic “SA business consultant” type decision, ie go for the wealthy & f*** the rest thinking that swart gevaar is gonna prevent a complete loss in eg WC (besides all the provincial immigrants). But last ANC win and impact there of is long forgotten to most.. so disruption is coming.

Personally I think they gonna get it taken from them. WC is a bit different as general education level is higher on avg (or so I tell myself) which means I can’t be the only one to see that they using BS anti-Zuma tactics albeit often they found contradicting self in a short period of time which is hilarious for anyone who can remove themselves from bias and rationally evaluate it.

I think at best maybe non-white mass vote for de Lille’s party.. but I reckon it’s gonna be an apathetic affair with the swaying votes going ANC.

dj2381

Expert Member
And this is what is hilarious to me.. they making the classic “SA business consultant” type decision, ie go for the wealthy & f*** the rest thinking that swart gevaar is gonna prevent a complete loss in eg WC (besides all the provincial immigrants). But last ANC win and impact there of is long forgotten to most.. so disruption is coming.

Personally I think they gonna get it taken from them. WC is a bit different as general education level is higher on avg (or so I tell myself) which means I can’t be the only one to see that they using BS anti-Zuma tactics albeit often they found contradicting self in a short period of time which is hilarious for anyone who can remove themselves from bias and rationally evaluate it.

I think at best maybe non-white mass vote for de Lille’s party.. but I reckon it’s gonna be an apathetic affair with the swaying votes going ANC.
It's very unlikely that the DA will be losing the WC, even more so now with the ANC's handling of the lockdown and the almost daily exposing of corruption, people are fed up, not only here but country wide, the next elections are going to be very interesting.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
With the poor and uneducated increasing day by day and the future economic prospects for SA written in stone it is only a matter of time before the ANC/EFF takes the WC. They must be salivating at the thought of how they are going to pillage and loot the metro.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
The DA have zero idea how to interact with the majority of South Africa or the poor or how to address their needs. There needs to be accountability among politicians, but all these ward councillors do is complain about what the ANC is doing or not doing. So makes sense they appointed Reiner/Renaldo, whatever his name is as a Councillor. Perfect candidate.
Tell us how to interact with the millions of poor and uneducated.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
This is the chap who comes across as woke and red pilled, but is actually a gatekeeper?

thechamp

Honorary Master
With the poor and uneducated increasing day by day and the future economic prospects for SA written in stone it is only a matter of time before the ANC/EFF takes the WC. They must be salivating at the thought of how they are going to pillage and loot the metro.
To mitigate that the DA can put a better effort in uplifting poor communities in the WC, it seems to me such communities are still in pretty much the same position they were when the ANC was governing the WC, if the poor and educated increase to such an extent that they are able to give power back to the ANC surely the DA should take some of the blame?

Continuously blaming the ANC for bussing in refugees instead of facing reality and dealing with it does nothing to help their cause.

Reactions: STS

access

Honorary Master
To mitigate that the DA can put a better effort in uplifting poor communities in the WC, it seems to me such communities are still in pretty much the same position they were when the ANC was governing the WC, if the poor and educated increase to such an extent that they are able to give power back to the ANC surely the DA should take some of the blame?

Continuously blaming the ANC for bussing in refugees instead of facing reality and dealing with it does nothing to help their cause.
overwhelming the dedicated support for these communities does not help the cause either...

today youre set to help 100, tomorrow theyre 500, the day after that theyre 1000. hey whys everything the same?!? hur dur they must useless..

if the anc did their job, this would not be a discusion, but instead it is a discussion and the wc is doing a far better job against the anc than anywhere else in the country.

you just sound naatgat with all your, poor anc the da is the same rubbish.

thechamp

Honorary Master
overwhelming the dedicated support for these communities does not help the cause either...

today youre set to help 100, tomorrow theyre 500, the day after that theyre 1000. hey whys everything the same?!? hur dur they must useless..
That's the same challenge faced by the ANC elsewhere in the country, if the DA cannot find a plan to deal with what the ANC fails to deal with then what are they good for to poor South Africans?

If that is an admission of failure then no one should be surprised if they are voted out.

dj2381

Expert Member
That's the same challenge faced by the ANC elsewhere in the country, if the DA cannot find a plan to deal with what the ANC fails to deal with then what are they good for to poor South Africans?
It's almost as if the ANC that stole/are stealing billions and billions could have helped the poor instead, they are after all the National Government or did I miss something?

thechamp

Honorary Master
It's almost as if the ANC that stole/are stealing billions and billions could have helped the poor instead, they are after all the National Government or did I miss something?
Yes you did miss something, the fact that the conversation you jumped in headfirst is about the DA losing power in the WC due to the growing number of poor and uneducated people. If only you spent a little time following the conversation...

access

Honorary Master

If that is an admission of failure then no one should be surprised if they are voted out.
conveniently ignoring that the anc creates the challenges like a malfunctioning factory spewing failure. incapable of creating anything positive.

sure the anc and the da have the same power and control across the country. they share equal authority in south africa. sure. :thumbsup:

tie someones hand and legs and then laugh at them while telling them to run. lekker man.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

Actually the WC is doing a much better job than the other provinces. So what else?

thechamp

Honorary Master
We are looking forward to ideas from genetically gifted superior intellect; don't disappoint us again now.
How about we take two provinces, say KZN and EC, drive all the poor and uneducated in there, seal the borders and give it to the EFF?

Since everyone else including those with superior intellect seems clueless in how to engage with these people.

dj2381

Expert Member
Yes you did miss something, the fact that the conversation you jumped in headfirst is about the DA losing power in the WC due to the growing number of poor and uneducated people. If only you spent a little time following the conversation...
Our current situation has been created by national government, who is responsible for the national budget as well as education, imagine just for a second all the money that was/is being stolen is rather given to provinces to uplift the poor, the ANC have created this situation, the DA can only do so much with what they have available.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Actually the WC is doing a much better job than the other provinces. So what else?
Then they should not be under any threat from the increasing uneducated and poor masses, just keep their own masses properly educated and not poor, they will run the province until Jesus Christ comes back.