DA councillor's mystery R1.2m mall payoff

krycor

Honorary Master
Politicians in SA have so much power really.

In the US or a Western country if you got caught getting kickbacks your career is ruined.
You forgot the sarcasm tag
Nzl.. yes I agree slightly..

US, EU etc.. hell no. They pretty much wrote the book on it. US calling it lobbying with some directions on how to do it publicly.

This is why no political party should ever have too much power.

DA good with public finances & auditing but this isn’t the 1st time they found wanting vs lobbying.

ANC has lobbying, fraud and corruption,

EFF, COPE etc all caught with hands in till and manipulation of tenders/procurement.

akescpt

Honorary Master
this is precious. cant wait to see the action taken. they have jumped up and down when the anc dont take action. now that they have control the layers are being pulled back to reveal an organization not to far off from the anc. their 'opposition'.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Anyone have any info on who the developers @ Springs Mall are? Here we have a chance to burn both sides of the coin for once

vigras rojara

Expert Member
Anyone have any info on who the developers @ Springs Mall are? Here we have a chance to burn both sides of the coin for once
https://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/460/157119.html

From the article: "Springs Mall is a joint venture between Blue Crane Eco Mall, Flanagan & Gerard Property Development & Investment, JSE-listed retail focused REIT Vukile Property Fund and Murinda Investments, which is part of the Giuricich Bros Group."

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
https://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/460/157119.html

From the article: "Springs Mall is a joint venture between Blue Crane Eco Mall, Flanagan & Gerard Property Development & Investment, JSE-listed retail focused REIT Vukile Property Fund and Murinda Investments, which is part of the Giuricich Bros Group."
Thanks for the clarity

Would be interesting to see whether Shabangu then included the payments of his "contract" in his SARS income statement? R1.2mio for a developer contract should be very easily traced and verified if his claims are true. Wonder with which developer(s) the contract was entered into as one could seriously damage their reputation and put them under the spotlight for corruption and bribery if all is not above board on that contract?

vigras rojara

Expert Member
Thanks for the clarity

Would be interesting to see whether Shabangu then included the payments of his "contract" in his SARS income statement? R1.2mio for a developer contract should be very easily traced and verified if his claims are true. Wonder with which developer(s) the contract was entered into as one could seriously damage their reputation and put them under the spotlight for corruption and bribery if all is not above board on that contract?
Yeah, the whole thing sounds decidely dodgy. Agree re the SARS returns.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Notice how him and others are absent from certain other threads this morning, like this one
‘Appalling conditions’ at R150mhousing project linked to Magashule’s daughter
There are MORE than enough of you getting their hate on for the ANC so I do not need to chime in. Conversely there are very few to none holding the DA to account.

There is terrible selective blindness where the ANC is all evil and the DA is all good. Neither is true. Some balance in what views are presented is required otherwise this becomes an echo chamber.

thechamp

Honorary Master
If this is true action must be taken. Lead by example.
Only fair that these are treated as allegations until proof is provided and Shadow is found guilty by a court of law, right?

Noticed how I don't declare him guilty just because I don't like the DA and come up with nonsensical excuses to defend my stance?

Last edited:

ijacobs3

Expert Member
There is more brewing around this Shabangu, there is a new low cost development coming up, and as residents in the area, we have had numerous "meetings" with him regarding concerns, which over the course of a few years, have still failed to be addressed. One would think that things like a traffic impact study would have been done before development started , with the area basically having 2 single lane roads, and the development having 25000 units, but according to the last meeting, this is something they will deal with afterwards?

So by that logic, i can build , and worry about plans later?

Building having already commenced, issues around the site have been raised on numerous occasion with him directly, and nothing has come from it

Pitbull

Verboten
How does on define a "Bribe"

Unless this guy was the one approving the deal, it can't be a bribe can it? If he was in their corner and fighting their cause but had ZERO ability in approving or denying the development it can be seen as an incentive or finders fee or am I wrong. See it as payment for being in their corner and fighting the developer's cause if that makes sense.