JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
The DA and their legendary tales again, it's starting to become a habit.

The DA seem to be becoming more and more desperate with cheap politicking than ever before, especially with their attacks on Mashaba because they were advocating "South Africa first" and defending him against xenophobia accusations not too long ago.

One has to wonder if their "researchers" have warned them that another electoral decline is on the cards. Obviously the IRR won't make this public as they did with Maimane because they wanted Maimane gone and even admitted as much by saying Winde should replace him.

Action SA is also coming out of these battles looking far stronger than them. You know that's the case when even the DA diehards are not defending them anymore.

Neptuner

Expert Member
Gwede Mantashe supporters want Eskom CEO André de Ruyter fired

Political allies of energy minister Gwede Mantashe want Eskom CEO André de Ruyter and COO Jan Oberholzer fired.

That is according to the DA member Benedicta van Minnen, who spoke to Rapport following a heated exchange between the Standing Committee of Public Accounts (Scopa) and Eskom on Friday, 22 April 2022.
No surprise, if the JET (Just Energy Transition) renewable energy solutions in Eskom is rolled out successfully. Many Coal fired power stations will be decommissioned as per the planned between 2030-40. De Ruyter and the board are serious about this project and ensuring Eskom transitions to clean energy.

I guess this poses a real threat to those who are benefitting from primary energy sources such as coal mining.

R13...

Honorary Master
No surprise, if the JET (Just Energy Transition) renewable energy solutions in Eskom is rolled out successfully. Many Coal fired power stations will be decommissioned as per the planned between 2030-40. De Ruyter and the board are serious about this project and ensuring Eskom transitions to clean energy.

I guess this poses a real threat to those who are benefitting from primary energy sources such as coal mining.
The energy strategy is decided by the ministry not Eskom. Eskom implement government policy. The green energy agenda is being driven by people outside of Eskom. De Ruyter might hold a certain but in the end he implements what the government want.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
The DA seem to be becoming more and more desperate with cheap politicking than ever before, especially with their attacks on Mashaba because they were advocating "South Africa first" and defending him against xenophobia accusations not too long ago.

One has to wonder if their "researchers" have warned them that another electoral decline is on the cards. Obviously the IRR won't make this public as they did with Maimane because they wanted Maimane gone and even admitted as much by saying Winde should replace him.

Action SA is also coming out of these battles looking far stronger than them. You know that's the case when even the DA diehards are not defending them anymore.
It seems you lost your way from the DA thread.

It has become evident over the past couple of weeks that elements in the ANC is gunning for some people in Eskom. We have had press releases from the ANC as well as COSATU.

We are not fooled, we can see what is going on.

Martin 007

Eskom not working damages the ANC most. The people need power to cook food!

BBSA

Honorary Master
How on earth can Mantashe even have supporters?

Or are these the people who benefits from his corrupt ways?

Last edited:

Pegasus

Honorary Master

1651415871954.jpeg

Neptuner

Expert Member
The energy strategy is decided by the ministry not Eskom. Eskom implement government policy. The green energy agenda is being driven by people outside of Eskom. De Ruyter might hold a certain but in the end he implements what the government want.
Thats partially true visit there site, I have it on good authority. De Ruyter’s success and direction he steers Eskom will have a huge influence on how the power industry will transition towards clean energy.

The governments plans are transparent but as usual government has a problem in implementing plans. That said De Ruyter is somewhat of a catalyst as he is not corrupt therefore making strides in transitioning Eskom towards clean energy.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Thats partially true visit there site, I have it on good authority. De Ruyter’s success and direction he steers Eskom has a huge influence on how the power industry will transition towards clean energy.

The governments plans are transparent but as usual government has a problem in implementing plans. That said De Ruyter is somewhat of a catalyst as he is not corrupt therefore making strides in transitioning Eskom towards clean energy.
Too much kool aid my friend, what success are we talking about anyway?

R13...

Honorary Master
Thats partially true visit there site, I have it on good authority. De Ruyter’s success and direction he steers Eskom has a huge influence on how the power industry will transition towards clean energy.

I also have some second hand info on how he's changed things at Eskom. At least how he's managing the power station managers and their supplier chain rules. It's not very encouraging and is the cause for the low staff morale. He's treating all the staff as if they're criminals and stifling creative with his rules which leaves the lower level staff not held to account.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
I also have some second hand info on how he's changed things at Eskom. At least how he's managing the power station managers and their supplier chain rules. It's not very encouraging and is the cause for the low staff morale. He's treating all the staff as if they're criminals and stifling creative with his rules which leaves the lower level staff not held to account.

Hold the top level slackers to account, pressure them into doing the same, to those below them. Morale is low, because, they see the gravy train starting to dry up?

Hennie_Mouton

Mantache was a NUM (National Union of Mineworkers) rep and later a union leader in the coal industry. SA unions are, in my experience, for everything that is not business, as unionists just want for themselves and don't care, and most importantly don't understand, how the money gets to them. I.e. doing something in order to get appropriately paid for it, the ground principle of business, is a foreign concept to SA unions in my view. Extend that to “good for the country”, and that is probably the last thing on a SA unionist’s mind.

So now we make such a union leader a minister, and most likely you will get a continuation of this lack of understanding, propagated to supporters roped in because of an equal lack of understanding and care.

So it seems De Ruyter is exposing this non-business stuff in Eskom and wider, so I suspect that the goal from the Mantashe camp is to keep changing Eskom's board and management, as then new people must start over, so the corruption and non-business practices can continue and own interests can continue to be served.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Mantache was a NUM (National Union of Mineworkers) rep and later a union leader in the coal industry. SA unions are, in my experience, for everything that is not business, as unionists just want for themselves and don't care, and most importantly don't understand, how the money gets to them. I.e. doing something in order to get appropriately paid for it, the ground principle of business, is a foreign concept to SA unions in my view. Extend that to “good for the country”, and that is probably the last thing on a SA unionist’s mind.

So now we make such a union leader a minister, and most likely you will get a continuation of this lack of understanding, propagated to supporters roped in because of an equal lack of understanding and care.

So it seems De Ruyter is exposing this non-business stuff in Eskom and wider, so I suspect that the goal from the Mantashe camp is to keep changing Eskom's board and management, as then new people must start over, so the corruption and non-business practices can continue and own interests can continue to be served.

The way the Unions roll ... :(

R13...

Honorary Master
Hold the top level slackers to account, pressure them into doing the same, to those below them. Morale is low, because, they see the gravy train starting to dry up?
His painting everyone with the same brush is the reason for the morale. The corrupt continue to corrupt while the honest ones suffer the measures implemented. And as reported in the media the measures don't seem to deter the hyenas.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
His painting everyone with the same brush is the reason for the morale. The corrupt continue to corrupt while the honest ones suffer the measures implemented. And as reported in the media the measures don't seem to deter the hyenas.

Media, reporting does not help either, encourages a negative out look. But bad news sells, better than good news.

Neptuner

Expert Member
Your second hand information is from a corrupt employee if anything. Honest and hardworking employees respect what he is trying to achieve. De Ruyter is not stifling creativity… give an example of him doing this?