DA orders Minister Ebrahim Patel a book called “E-Commerce, a South African Perspective"

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist

Fjorko

Expert Member
The Guavaments argument is that it will be unfair towards brick and mortar stores to allow all e-commerce to commence operations. They say if you open all e-commerce, then all b&m stores must be opened as well...

But i mean - e-commerce ( in my mind ) is at least less risky in terms of exposure to the general public, so there are valid arguments in its favor i guess.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The Guavaments argument is that it will be unfair towards brick and mortar stores to allow all e-commerce to commence operations. They say if you open all e-commerce, then all b&m stores must be opened as well...

But i mean - e-commerce ( in my mind ) is at least less risky in terms of exposure to the general public, so there are valid arguments in its favor i guess.

There are no arguments against it... B&M stores can adopt an eCommerce model, and should be encouraged to do so regardless.

The only reason they're limited is purely due to unutterable incompetence at the NCC level and a bunch of backwards communist fscktards.

As for the book, that is a perfect troll by the DA... Much applause for that move.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
They need to also get him a copy of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Internet"

Or perhaps even this;

notfair.JPG

$11.99 - rather not get him the eBook, we know how unfair on printed books that would be.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
B&M stores can adopt an eCommerce model, and should be encouraged to do so regardless.

Easier said than done, no?

Especially during lockdown with limited resources AND funds, to develop an eCommerce website.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Easier said than done, no?

Especially during lockdown with limited resources AND funds, to develop an eCommerce website.

Many many options to make it happen quickly..

Takealot has a market place
Shopify
OnShop

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

So, they should just open all the stores then. It really is a simple solution.

Lupus

Honorary Master

But the ANC government has the combined IQ of a potato, therefore everyone should have the combined IQ of a potato. Oh wait.

rietrot

Honorary Master

Old fashioned stores can do e-commerce in an old fashion way. Dial in an order?

MightyQuin

Not amused...

Lupus

Honorary Master
100%...and how long after lockdown began, were these sites allowed to sell everything?
Actually Takealot was hecticlly restricted, still can't but a few things I wanted. The headphones I wanted to replace my old ones were only available after the 1st, the fan controller as well. But ink I've gotten a few times.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Actually Takealot was hecticlly restricted, still can't but a few things I wanted. The headphones I wanted to replace my old ones were only available after the 1st, the fan controller as well. But ink I've gotten a few times.
Exactly...so its easy to shout B&M should convert to eCommerce and list all the online marketplaces...in huge black caps no less...

But there is a practical side, and severe implications, to every "easy solution" during this ridiculous lock down.