DA receives money from Israel: COSATU

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The Democratic Alliance has rejected claims that the party receives funding from the Israeli "lobby".

"The DA has never declared anywhere that it received any money [from the lobby]," spokesman Mmusi Maimane said.

He was responding to Congress of SA Trade Unions Western Cape secretary Tony Ehrenreich, who said the DA did not speak out against the Israeli government because it was receiving money from that country's lobby.

"If the DA was opposed to racism and apartheid and discriminatory practices in principle, why are they not speaking out against the apartheid practices of Israel against Palestine?" Ehrenreich said in a statement.

"The reality is that the DA gets a lot of money from the Israeli lobby, and accordingly will not speak out against the practices in Palestine."

Ehrenreich was himself responding to the party's "Know Your DA" campaign which highlighted the role DA members, or people affiliated to the party, played in the struggle against apartheid.

Maimane said Cosatu's claims were "unfortunate and in bad taste" and said the trade union federation was trying to score political points.

"We think that there should be a two-state solution [between Palestine and Israel], and a peaceful transition as it was here in South Africa when it gained democracy."

Ehrenreich said the DA and its leader Helen Zille had to declare that it would "stop supporting the racism of Israel government and will support the people of Palestine".

The two-state solution entails the establishment of an independent Palestinian state alongside the state of Israel in the contested territory of the former British mandate of Palestine.

Source : Sapa /aa/jk/dd/jk
Date : 13 May 2013 16:26

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Knew which sniveling tonsil was spouting this BS before even opening the thread.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
COSATU obviously doesnt know what cultural group our new federal youth leader is from. Hint. He is not Jewish

21328_10151660003761057_593289289_n.jpg

Btw, well done to Yusuf Cassim for winning! He was my candidate choice :D

nivek

Honorary Master
yawn
coming from the same heroes of democracy that give money to mugabe and do everything to keep him in power

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
COSATU obviously doesnt know what cultural group our new federal youth leader is from. Hint. He is not Jewish

Btw, well done to Yusuf Cassim for winning! He was my candidate choice :D

Dude has a pretty epic neckbeard going. Might have swayed my vote, too.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Dude has a pretty epic neckbeard going. Might have swayed my vote, too.

He is a very articulate chap. Ill be meeting him soon :D Ive only seen him in speeches, cant wait to get to know him personally.

daveza

Honorary Master
Hopefully the ANC will leave Tony Baloney and Marius in charge of the WC election campaign.

krycor

Honorary Master
Shame, they trying everything to win back the wc but fail each year :p

TJ99

Honorary Master
If all else fails, blame teh jews. I heard they even did 9/11

Redeemed

Expert Member
But don't you think trying to campaign ANC-style will be seen as patronising by the masses?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
But don't you think trying to campaign ANC-style will be seen as patronising by the masses?

It's hardly ANC-style. It's politician-style. And I don't think there's anything inherently wrong it. How else do you try and connect with people on the ground? You go there, talk about their issues, talk about your policies, what you would do if you were there etc.

I'm not sure how else you think the DA should be doing it? The people seemingly love it, too. They always jiggy with Auntie Helen. :p

Redeemed

Expert Member
Of course they will jiggy with her for the blue t-shirt and other freebies. The proof will be in the election results.