DA to appeal e-toll "unconstitutional" judgement

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
What was the reason for dismissing it in the first place?

zippy

Honorary Master
while I don't support this e-toll at all, I don't understand how it can be "unconstitutional" This is the most ludicrious argument ever.

Where does the constitution say the govt cant tax road users ?

This means that tv licence fees, car licence fees should also be unconstitutional. Nobody has challenged those ?

This smacks of amateurish desperation and makes the DA look stupid.

Its a bad policy and should be fought on that basis. The problem is that its lost in the wider political debate, which isn't unusual, because that's what happens to most single issues. Over time, though they add up. The DA should adding this to an already growing list, including Zuma's massive home expenditure, the failure of service delivery in many areas, his lies about how the SA's crap internet infrastructure isn't the ANC's fault, the complete and utter cock-up that is the SABC, and lets not forget the Joburg City Council.

These failings should be flashing around in the social media frequented by young black South Africans. Give up on the old farts. You never change them. White or Black.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
while I don't support this e-toll at all, I don't understand how it can be "unconstitutional" This is the most ludicrious argument ever.

Where does the constitution say the govt cant tax road users ?

This means that tv licence fees, car licence fees should also be unconstitutional. Nobody has challenged those ?

This smacks of amateurish desperation and makes the DA look stupid.

Its a bad policy and should be fought on that basis. The problem is that its lost in the wider political debate, which isn't unusual, because that's what happens to most single issues. Over time, though they add up. The DA should adding this to an already growing list, including Zuma's massive home expenditure, the failure of service delivery in many areas, his lies about how the SA's crap internet infrastructure isn't the ANC's fault, the complete and utter cock-up that is the SABC, and lets not forget the Joburg City Council.

These failings should be flashing around in the social media frequented by young black South Africans. Give up on the old farts. You never change them. White or Black.

That wasn't the argument.

Sherbang

Executive Member
Probably a waste of time; unfortunately.

Not necessarily a waste of time for the DA since they are only doing it to boost their profile pre-election - they will succeed in this irrespective of what the court decides.
A waste of money though...