DA to lay criminal charges against SAP and CAD House

RedViking

Nord of the South
The Democratic Alliance has said that it will lay charges of money laundering and corruption against the local arm of SAP and 3D printing firm CAD House.
The move comes after it was revealed that SAP had allegedly paid the Gupta-linked firm CAD House $7.8 million (~R100 million) to assist in securing a Transnet contract.
“This consultancy is rather irregular considering that SAP is an international software giant which had existing contracts with Transnet,” the DA said in a statement.
The party goes on to point out that CAD House sells 3D printers and had no prior relationships with SAP.
Should the DA go ahead with its plans, SAP directors and employees as well as members and employees of CAD House will be charged with corruption and money laundering. The DA also said it would press charges against “any other person who had material interests in this dodgy deal.”
SAP announced last week that it was in the process of investigating the allegations that were brought to light recently but also claimed said allegations were “unfounded and unsubstantiated”.
The SAP investigation will be led by executive board member Adaire Fox-Martin who said the firm would not tolerate any form of misconduct. http://www.htxt.co.za/2017/07/17/da-to-lay-criminal-charges-against-sap-and-cad-house/
Has anyone made use of CAD House services for the 3D equipment or projects? I tried to buy filament from this 'company' a couple of times but found their website to be very slow and disorganised. Luckily I have never been successful in getting what I needed and bought it somewhere else. Didn't know they are 'Gupta-linked'. Well what do you know.......

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Someone has to seeing as those that should are mostly criminals themselves or benefiting they won't.

Has anyone made use of CAD House services for the 3D equipment or projects? I tried to buy filament from this 'company' a couple of times but found their website to be very slow and disorganised. Luckily I have never been successful in getting what I needed and bought it somewhere else. Didn't know they are 'Gupta-linked'. Well what do you know.......
I highly doubt they have any real business here in SA. The site was probably set up as a front.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I highly doubt they have any real business here in SA. The site was probably set up as a front.
People actually do buy from them. I know one of my friends buy his filament from them as they are the cheapest (He probably doesn't know it is a Gupta linked business). I just can't understand why some would actually buy from them as their website is rubbish.

People actually do buy from them. I know one of my friends buy his filament from them as they are the cheapest (He probably doesn't know it is a Gupta linked business). I just can't understand why some would actually buy from them as their website is rubbish.
Who cares if the website is rubbish if the product is cheap?