Dad hailed as hero for shooting intruder who tried to stab him in his home

schumi

Honorary Master
Cape Town - A Charlsville dad has been hailed a hero after he shot an intruder who tried to stab him in his home in the middle of the night.

The 48-year-old man, who asked not to be identified, has been left traumatised after using his licensed pistol to fire at the knife-wielding intruder to protect his wife and children.

The father of three says shortly after 3am on Tuesday, his wife woke him up after she heard noises in the front yard.

The man explains: “There is a hole at the bottom of the garage door and I put a zinc plate over it.

“She heard the sound of the plate because he climbed through the hole to try and get to a car in the garage. .
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/news/dad-hailed-as-hero-for-shooting-intruder-who-tried-to-stab-him-in-his-home-36823645

Alan

Honorary Master
“I went to fetch my firearm because I was worried about my wife and children. I have two boys who are 10 and five years old and a nine-month-old baby to look after.”The brave dad searched the yard when he came upon the criminal climbing back through the hole.

“‘What the hell are you doing here?’ I shouted at him and then I gave a warning shot, but he came at me to stab me and ending up cutting me on my left hand,” the dad explained.

“I shot him in the leg and he managed to get through the gate.”
Very fortunate he only received a cut to his hand. This could have easily had a far worse outcome.

Thanks to our progressive laws that favour violent criminals he gave the perp fair chance at taking him out.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
One never investigates the yard oneself, one calls ones security provider or whatever local posse does similar stuff.

Mar Vin

Sad to see in how many words he needs to explain that him and his fam were in danger in order to justify using his licensed pistol....

our laws make you feel pretty much guilty for defending your own...

Last edited:

Hellhound105

Expert Member
"Cape Town - A Charlsville dad has been hailed a hero after he shot an alleged intruder who tried to stab him in his home in the middle of the night. "

We not doing that anymore? Or have we finally accepted this shithole for what it contains?

rambo919

Executive Member
Sad to see in how many words he needs to explain that him and his fam was in danger in order to justify using his licensed pistol....

our laws make you feel pretty much guilty for defending your own...
Which leads to stories of people saying "F the law" and unlucky intruders dissapearing down random mineshafts.....

Ponderer

Expert Member
Wouldve given the guy a Bells but he didnt kill the intruder. So, just a J&B.
Yeah - shows you the value of shooting ranges.
The dude might not be a woos, but he's a k*k shot - he should have drilled the attacker multiple times.

Reminds me of a story.
An American cop gets shot point blank in the face at a roadblock, and the shooter speeds off.
The cops chase after him, a shootout ensues, and the shooter is gunned down.
Some or other local TV station covers the story.
After the shootout, the reporter interviews the commanding officer.
The reporter tries to spin it as an incident of police brutality (use of excessive force), and demands to know why the perpetrator had 68 bullet wounds.
The commanding officer replied that the reason for the 68 bullet wounds was that they ran out of ammunition.

Last edited: