Dagga activist Julian Stobbs fatally shot in armed robbery

konfab

Honorary Master
Head of Community Safety at AfriForum Ian Cameron confirmed that Stobbs had been shot dead during a robbery at their smallholding in Sunrella.

Cameron said the shooting happened in the early hours of Friday morning.

“They stole everything in the house, came back and went into the bedroom and shot and killed the husband.”

Living on a farm or a small holding in South Africa, contrary to what the Messiah says doesn't happen, is a bloody death sentence :crying:

thestaggy

Honorary Master
So you have what you want but still need to then go kill someone. POS.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Living on a farm or a small holding in South Africa, contrary to what the Messiah says doesn't happen, is a bloody death sentence :crying:
I've just moved into a setting like this.
I don't fear for my safety, but I am doing the required steps to keep safe and look after my belongings.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I would have loved to move to a smallholding. But I simply won't take that risk.
It's out of my hands to be honest.
Just the way the road turned for me.
The property has been inhabited for a few years, with no issues so far.
I just do my bit to stay responsible about safety.

Jola

Honorary Master
Certainly one should take precautions, but nothing can stop determined intruders.

Flanders

Honorary Master
100%. And those areas around Lanseria like Murdersdrift etc it's just a matter of when and not if. If you plan on living there you need to be armed and sleep with one eye open to stand any chance.

Jola

Honorary Master
Sorry for the negativity, but I have friends who have had relatives attacked on farms, and I myself have close relatives on farms.

They do take all the precautions, but every time that I visit it just becomes very clear how difficult it would be to actually stop assailants. Remember, these are working farms, not fortresses.

konfab

Honorary Master
Yeah, they also have guns, and sometimes there are 5 or more of them.

Your 9mm won't go far against AK-47's or R4's.
I don't know about that. Unless if they are out to actually murder you, they would rather run away than risk getting shot. Your life might mean less than a cellphone to them, but I am reasonably confident they will value their lives more than a cellphone.