Daggerfall 25 years old

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
I remember having a quest for a ring which I thought was a ring of invisibility. I spent many hours in a Dungeon trying to kill an invisible enemy thinking it was wearing the ring. Eventually I asked for help (Usenet if I remember correctly) and I was informed it was a bug, not a ring of invisibility.

Bobbin

Executive Member
I still recall the screeching sound of the skeletons in the dungeons :) Epic game.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
I played this when I was a kid, 25 years ago! :D
Had no idea what I was doing. Got killed over and over without getting far.

cguy

Executive Member
I played it a bit. I remember having to kill a werewolf in a dungeon, but when I got in the dungeon I couldn’t find it, but I could hear it.

Turned out the randomly generated dungeon somehow managed to generate the werewolf outside the dungeon, or stuck on some outside wall.

So, how to progress? Well, you find a steeply sloped part of the dungeon with a low ceiling and cast levitate. This then immediately pushes your character up vertically…. And through the roof, where you can now see all the back face removed dungeon geometry and a werewolf flailing about in mid-air, and I could finally fight it.

Ah… those today playing with robust 3rd party game engines will never understand the fun of playing a buggy hand rolled 3D engine…

kolaval

Executive Member
Morrowind was my first. Daggerfall is a bit too old for my liking so never even tried to play it.
I tried morrowind 3 times.
Too much to do for me, it's huge. Great music though.

Reactions: 3WA

Matt91

Expert Member
Morrowind was my first. Daggerfall is a bit too old for my liking so never even tried to play it.

Same! I got Morrowind on Steam for peanuts a few weeks ago. I remember when I installed it all those years ago it was on like 4 separate discs and my PC could barely just run it. The download file on Steam was something like 1.5GB :ROFL:

3WA

Honorary Master
I can’t wait for the next installment of Elder Scrolls. It's been a decade since Skyrim.

Arzy

Honorary Master
Yeah, pretty much. That or a half-cooked buggy release in three years.
Think they are calling that Starfield, slated for release in '23 or '24, elder scroll 6 only comes after that

Reactions: 3WA

kolaval

Executive Member
I think fallout 3 was the only one where I actually finished the main story.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I played it a bit. I remember having to kill a werewolf in a dungeon, but when I got in the dungeon I couldn’t find it, but I could hear it.

Turned out the randomly generated dungeon somehow managed to generate the werewolf outside the dungeon, or stuck on some outside wall.

So, how to progress? Well, you find a steeply sloped part of the dungeon with a low ceiling and cast levitate. This then immediately pushes your character up vertically…. And through the roof, where you can now see all the back face removed dungeon geometry and a werewolf flailing about in mid-air, and I could finally fight it.

Ah… those today playing with robust 3rd party game engines will never understand the fun of playing a buggy hand rolled 3D engine…
Had the exact same thing happen.
Constantly.

The Lich King also liked to hide in impassable places.
Still.
Love the game and funny enough just last week felt like playing it again, but no steam version.
Where can I get a copy? Anybody know?