Dale Steyn to release limited edition NFT collectibles on OpenSea

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

Dale Steyn to release limited edition NFT collectibles on OpenSea

South African pace bowler Dale Steyn announced on Monday that he is releasing a set of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on the OpenSea platform.

Steyn retired from professional cricket last week. The NFTs each commemorate a key milestone in his career.

“For the past 16 years, cricket has been my life, my passion, and my love, and looking back they have been 16 years of incredible moments and indelible memories,” Steyn said.

John Tempus

Executive Member
Can this NFT moneygrab bs just crash and burn so the real market can continue.

So sick of this NFT joke phase when images of pixelated rocks sell for over $1 million.

The only thing an NFT exposes is the idiot who holds the receipt to the NFT. Everyone else can just screenshot the image and have the exact same thing for free.

Pure cancer invaded the crypto market.

EDIT: On that 422 wicket NFT the freaken NFT itself cant make up its mind if its for 439 wickets or 422 wickets. LMAO, on the moving trophy it shows 2 entirely different wicket counts for Dale Steyn.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
If only there were NFTs when I retired from club cricket. I had the best bantz my club had ever heard.

I was once bowled out for three consecutive first ball ducks. I wonder how much I could've sold that for?

• Haha
Reactions: 3WA

L-Dog

Expert Member
Can this NFT moneygrab bs just crash and burn so the real market can continue.

So sick of this NFT joke phase when images of pixelated rocks sell for over $1 million.

The only thing an NFT exposes is the idiot who holds the receipt to the NFT. Everyone else can just screenshot the image and have the exact same thing for free.

Pure cancer invaded the crypto market.

EDIT: On that 422 wicket NFT the freaken NFT itself cant make up its mind if its for 439 wickets or 422 wickets. LMAO, on the moving trophy it shows 2 entirely different wicket counts for Dale Steyn.

You can also do that with normal art I have the Mona Lisa... The good thing about NFT's is you can 100% very the original and actual artist can make royalties on every sale but the flip side is prices can easily be inflated with bots and people are paying millions for rocks even worse invisible rocks which destroys all credibility

JouPa

How are they original when there is like 500 copies of the 1 being sold? What stops him from selling more copies?
Or is it like the car industry that chooses to only make x amount of a model to make it "scarce" and the next year the make the same model with a few tweaks and call it a new model?

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I have no problem with NFTs, I follow a lot of artists and for them its a good way to make money. Im happy for them. Not everyone is a miner or a trader. Blockchain technology is way more broader than just "virtual currency". Im glad this has taken off.