Dangers of steroids.

remybfg10k

Expert Member
So real evidence of 1 person having life long bad side effects means that it will happen to everyone taking steroids?

Sensationalism (or as i call it crap journalism)

Debbie

Banned
I didn't know anabolic steroids caused acne, that sure explains a lot!

Thanks for the link fudzy.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
If something that bad happens to you, you must have a prior disposition for acne of skin problems. And to look built like that, you need to take massive doses of juice, not to mention the right diet. The danger of steroids is actually exagerrated.

Devill

Damned
So real evidence of 1 person having life long bad side effects means that it will happen to everyone taking steroids?

Maybe, but it does make your penis shrivel up and die :p

zeridine

If something that bad happens to you, you must have a prior disposition for acne of skin problems. And to look built like that, you need to take massive doses of juice, not to mention the right diet. The danger of steroids is actually exagerrated.
calling it exagerrated and sensationalism is very ignorant.

just one of many articles that you can access freely over the internet, detailing the link between hormones and acne.

P

Picard

I remember a guy in my university residence who had a lot of scars because of acne on his back and chest. He was also bulky as he was also a heavy gymmer.

This article explains quite clearly why he had those scars on his back and chest.

LabAnimal

Expert Member
I don't doubt steroids have varied side effects in some, but I also believe that its somewhat exaggerated to a large extent - those pictures looks photoshopped!

killadoob

Honorary Master
I remember a guy in my university residence who had a lot of scars because of acne on his back and chest. He was also bulky as he was also a heavy gymmer.

This article explains quite clearly why he had those scars on his back and chest.
I have scars on my back and chest from bad acne, i never did steroids just had really bad acne as a teenager.

Office Furniture

Photo shopped or not that is terrible, just shows you how bad that stuff is and it may be a little ext ream

remybfg10k

Expert Member
calling it exagerrated and sensationalism is very ignorant.

just one of many articles that you can access freely over the internet, detailing the link between hormones and acne.
No, its ignorant in saying that everyone who takes steroids will have life long bad acne/scarring.

Its like an article showing that a skydiver died because his parachute failed to open, and then everyone saying "Oh, its going to happen to every single person who skydives"

Showing one extremely bad case and saying that its the danger of steroids is like showing one extremely bad case of a drunk driving accident and then telling everyone not to drink at all because it WILL happen to them.

P

Picard

No, its ignorant in saying that everyone who takes steroids will have life long bad acne/scarring.

Its like an article showing that a skydiver died because his parachute failed to open, and then everyone saying "Oh, its going to happen to every single person who skydives"

Showing one extremely bad case and saying that its the danger of steroids is like showing one extremely bad case of a drunk driving accident and then telling everyone not to drink at all because it WILL happen to them.
You're using steriods, hey? :D