Dark Souls - yes it is that good :}

Henri18

From Software games is just amazing. I got over 200 hours played on Dark Souls 3 and recently finished a whole playthrough with DLC's with my gf, it was a great experience and lot of laughs and a few rage moments. And Sekiro is probably my 2nd best favorite From Software game and finished it 7 times already and never gets old, such amazing and beautiful game. And Bloodbourne definitely in 3rd place. And I started my playthrough on DS1 Remastered now just need to get used the graphics other than that, it so far really great.

I would recommend anyone to play it!

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
From Software games is just amazing. I got over 200 hours played on Dark Souls 3 and recently finished a whole playthrough with DLC's with my gf, it was a great experience and lot of laughs and a few rage moments. And Sekiro is probably my 2nd best favorite From Software game and finished it 7 times already and never gets old, such amazing and beautiful game. And Bloodbourne definitely in 3rd place. And I started my playthrough on DS1 Remastered now just need to get used the graphics other than that, it so far really great.

I would recommend anyone to play it!
DS3 coop does that happen after you acquire the invasion/invitation sign? just wondering how coopable it is as I want to do it with my SO.

-Misfit-

For DS3, you can buy the White Sign Soapstone from the Shrine Handmaid for 500 souls (cheap). Can be done very early in the game. Using the item places a summon sign down, which other players can use to summon you to their world. Can only be summoned in areas where the host has not yet beaten the boss.

You can set up a password in the options to ensure that you can always summon each other. The advantage of this is no one else will "accidentally" summon you, and the level caps are removed (though gear and stats are downgraded so you can't just steamroll with high level summons).

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
For DS3, you can buy the White Sign Soapstone from the Shrine Handmaid for 500 souls (cheap). Can be done very early in the game. Using the item places a summon sign down, which other players can use to summon you to their world. Can only be summoned in areas where the host has not yet beaten the boss.

You can set up a password in the options to ensure that you can always summon each other. The advantage of this is no one else will "accidentally" summon you, and the level caps are removed (though gear and stats are downgraded so you can't just steamroll with high level summons).
Oh, ok so it is not a traditional join mp game and coop then, but restricted. What I mean is I can coop 100% of the content with someone or just da boss?

-Misfit-

You can play through mostly everything together, but once the boss is defeated you cannot summon anyone into the area.

Henri18

DS3 coop does that happen after you acquire the invasion/invitation sign? just wondering how coopable it is as I want to do it with my SO.
You need 3 things, a password that both you and your SO agree on, the reason for password, it removes the level limit, if you put it naturally down without password and you are higher than 10 levels than the other person, you will not see that person's sign.

Then you require a soap stone which you get at the handmaiden in firelink shrine. Then one person must have ember active, then you both go to place e.g high wall of lothric and the person without the ember active must put down their soap stone and the you will see it appear on the ground and you can summon that person. Also reminder, the person that get summons gets no progression in their game, so you will have to rerun the area again, but see this as good souls farming if you require levels etc.

Just another reminder, you will be invaded in your World a lot by other people in early game that want to kill you. That is the only thing that will disrupt your gameplay a lot and there is few hackers you will encounter as well. We once got stuck in area for 3 hours where a person could not die with infinite amount of estus flasks. But now at least me and my SO is both about level 160+, and there isn't a lot invaders on that level, but when you low level about 20-100 you will get invaded in your World a lot, but good thing to know, when you get invaded and you die or win, you cannot be invaded again for 1 hour.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Just finished my 1st playthrough for dark souls 1 remastered. Was awesome

...now for a taste of things to come...

Last edited:

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
After having played dark souls 1 for about 60 hours, going over into dark souls 3, it feels a lot like playing street fighter on turbo.

DS1 wasn't really clunky, but its combat wasn't as fast-fluid feeling as DS3 though. I'm definitely sweating bullets in DS3's starting moments getting used to that and it's not forgiving either as you start out. I'll go back to DS2 after DS3 if I don't have Sekiro/Bloodborne by then.

I guess if you start with DS3 and then go DS1 it feels like are fighting in your dad's swimming pool :laugh:

Pho3nix

The Legend
DS3 was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Admittedly never played DS2 or DS1...will get Sekiro on a sale
Still can’t kill that final boss on D3.. no firing idea what I’m doing wrong there

prOd

Expert Member
Still can’t kill that final boss on D3.. no firing idea what I’m doing wrong there
The Soul of Cinder? I actually killed him on the 2nd try. Think I watched fightingcowboy's vid on him and the biggest thing is to dodge the combos

The Nameless King however...made me take a break from the game for like 3 months cause he was just insane.

Pho3nix

The Legend
The Soul of Cinder? I actually killed him on the 2nd try. Think I watched fightingcowboy's vid on him and the biggest thing is to dodge the combos

The Nameless King however...made me take a break from the game for like 3 months cause he was just insane.
I’ve taken 2 years off :|
If I get the chance to work from home, I’ll give it a chance

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I finally got around at getting Dark Souls II and III. It is really cheap at the moment on Steam, but I want to ask a question in regard to Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin, how is it different from the original? I purchased it, but I see that Dark Souls II (original + DLC) is still available, more expensive also if you take the DLC into consideration.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
I finally got around at getting Dark Souls II and III. It is really cheap at the moment on Steam, but I want to ask a question in regard to Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin, how is it different from the original? I purchased it, but I see that Dark Souls II (original + DLC) is still available, more expensive also if you take the DLC into consideration.
see

It's the same as DS2 + DLC, but bundled and the original DS2 owners got the changes via a patch:
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will include the three previously released DLC packs - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King - along with additional features.
All versions of the game will include the following features ( Existing Dark Souls II owners will receive a patch to implement these elements)

However:
Important: The bundled DLC version does not add DLC keys automatically to your inventory. You must find these keys through game progress. Please see: Dragon Talon, Frozen Flower and Heavy Iron Key for details.

Finally, if you need a good guide see fightingcowboy for DS1-3 (it helps if you get stuck, need to find things, or just see another options. haha)

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Sekiro is also on a minor sale

1587241681077.png

You won't see better pricing for a while even via isthereanydeal.com

kolaval

Expert Member
DS is crap. Die die die die die die, though I realize that's all I do in warzone as well... :unsure:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
see

It's the same as DS2 + DLC, but bundled and the original DS2 owners got the changes via a patch:
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will include the three previously released DLC packs - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King - along with additional features.
All versions of the game will include the following features ( Existing Dark Souls II owners will receive a patch to implement these elements)

However:
Important: The bundled DLC version does not add DLC keys automatically to your inventory. You must find these keys through game progress. Please see: Dragon Talon, Frozen Flower and Heavy Iron Key for details.

Finally, if you need a good guide see fightingcowboy for DS1-3 (it helps if you get stuck, need to find things, or just see another options. haha)
All good and well, and I did some reading so why still sell the original? I purchased the 'remastered' and even in the publisher menu, it shows that I own the DLC??? Anyway... weird I tell you.