DarkWater reveals his hidden gaming closet

DarKWateR

Expert Member
OK...I'm not going get all PS3 vs Xbox here. I'm actually going to tell you what I hate about my console....you heard right...I'm going to diss my OWN hardware, but before we get to that let's start at the beginning.

All these years I've been a fan of Sega, Nintendo and PS consoles. Nintendo lost my interest with the kiddie Wii, Sega closed their console department and Sony...well, Sony just ****ed me over with all their bullsh1t hardware and crap pricing. PS1 was good but damn later console where problematic (I can write a book about it). So I decided to say bye bye Sony and give MS a shot.

Now while I'm pretty happy with games and pricing there are a couple of things about the 360 that annoys me.

1.) I-don't-want-to-pay-for-xbox-live-gold. I maybe a cheap skate but I'm already buying the damn R800 game...just give me online play for free jeez.

2.) I actually miss the old blade system. Yes there, I said it (I can see all the droids cheering)...the NXE is bleh.

3.) THE D-PAD SUCKS!

4.) RROD is a fear to have

but yeah..I'll stick with Xbox since Sony really effed me around.

Oculate

Honorary Master
OK...I'm not going get all PS3 vs Xbox here. I'm actually going to tell you what I hate about my console....you heard right...I'm going to diss my OWN hardware, but before we get to that let's start at the beginning.

All these years I've been a fan of Sega, Nintendo and PS consoles. Nintendo lost my interest with the kiddie Wii, Sega closed their console department and Sony...well, Sony just ****ed me over with all their bullsh1t hardware and crap pricing. PS1 was good but damn later console where problematic (I can write a book about it). So I decided to say bye bye Sony and give MS a shot.

Now while I'm pretty happy with games and pricing there are a couple of things about the 360 that annoys me.

1.) I-don't-want-to-pay-for-xbox-live-gold. I maybe a cheap skate but I'm already buying the damn R800 game...just give me online play for free jeez.

2.) I actually miss the old blade system. Yes there, I said it (I can see all the droids cheering)...the NXE is bleh.

3.) THE D-PAD SUCKS!

4.) RROD is a fear to have

My turn on the points you commented on

but yeah..I'll stick with Xbox since Sony really effed me around.

After your first RROD you get over the fear. I had a 2.5yr console, no issues, then too much NG2 gaming caused it to die :( As Valante said, all hardware breaks. Least theres a 3 year warranty :)

I agree with the DPad, thats why I prefer using both sticks ;)

I'm still getting used to the NXE, don't really mind that.

I paid for Live, and R700 for a year of online gaming is worth it :D

I guess I'm a fanboy, I don't have any gripes with the console, least none that piss me off to no end

Last edited:

maestro_za

Expert Member
I hate the noise the 360 makes and the "mother-in-law" sized PSU that I hide as best as I can.

I must be one of the few that loves the NXE ... yes I said it :D

D-Pad sucks, but there is a revised controller on its way where MS addresses that issue. The analog sticks is what I use mostly in any case.

Since I repair Xbox 360's now, RROD or any other issue doesn't bother me in the slightest. Electronic products break don't they :rolleyes:

As for Live, I bought my sub when it was roughly R350 for a 12+1 month pre-paid code. I'll do so again when it's close to expiry. I need to get my hands on MS points though *sigh*

As for games, there is no way I'm walking into a store next year and paying R999+ for an AAA title. Play-Asia, DVD-Crave (etc) will be getting my hard earned cash for games I absolutely need on launch date :D

I puke on MI Digital and the weak Rand :mad:

Kerrrang!

Well, i'll come clean and tell you what i hate about my PS3.
The firmware updates, though this is more my cap problem than anything else.
And i would have preferred a black matte finish.

maestro_za

Expert Member
PS3 glossy finish does it no favours.

Same with the PSP, scratches and finger marks ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

bboy

Expert Member
d-pad.... wtf... i can't play any of the fighter games with that

Ewie

Thats why i use the small blade system al lot, just press the xbox button and you have your old blades back.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Can you please give us a list of things you hate about the PS3? :)

Well, what I hate about the PS3 the MOST is the fact that I can't afford one now... :p I'm not really biased towards a specific console. A buddy of mine recently got a shiny new PS3 and I was more impressed than I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, I still love my XBOX to bits. It's really a technological achievement - 100GS worth even! :D