DarKWateR's most wanted upcoming Xbox games

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Would have like to try out Lost Odyssey. Just don't have a xbox. :(

I honestly would love to try it but there's two problems holding me back being..

a.) Finding a new copy at an affordable price (I only buy new) and..
b.) Finding one without the faulty disc 4 problem.

It's just too risky so I'm skipping at the moment. Getting Star Ocean next week :)

ZeroSplice

LO got really frustrating by the time I reached disc 3. Just too many random battles.

Playing some of the post game dungeon's in Star Ocean.

BinaryJack

Spam
I loved LO.
The end battle was great... it was a real moment when they...I'll just leave it at that!

BinaryJack

Spam
i dont know...i like random battles again, the new "avoidance" system seems to be the staple diet...it has to be incorporated properly though.
From what i have seen Last Remnant and Vesperia allows to link enemies toegether to battle larger groups of the enemies then to allow for more esperience and better drops.

ZeroSplice

Turn based is a classic. It generally works just right. But, like you said, random battles in this day and age of JRPG's...

@ Kage - I would've loved to have seen the ending of LO.
For me the best part of the game was the dream sequences. Usually very crafty and touching.
SO also has enemy linking but it's not very easily executed.

BinaryJack

Spam
Turn based is a classic. It generally works just right. But, like you said, random battles in this day and age of JRPG's...

@ Kage - I would've loved to have seen the ending of LO.
For me the best part of the game was the dream sequences. Usually very crafty and touching.
SO also has enemy linking but it's not very easily executed.

the ending was beautiful...absolutely dramatic well crafted ending with a a great battle...everything was tied up perfectly.

BinaryJack

Spam
i must be honest hat I am actually looking forward to Last Remnant.
I can forgive a lot when it comes to RPG especially JRPG....:D

Lost odyssey at the last couple of hours was quite bad with stuttering and delay but I continued and it was worth it.
So I am willing to go through and see what Last Remnant is like and give it a good bash and sacrifice about 50hrs+ of my life to the JRPG!

Saw some screenshots today...drool!

what is interesting is that the battles is almost what FFXIII is going to be...
input commands and then see it all unfold!

ZeroSplice

Have you guys drooled over the new Valkyria Chronicles screens? They're keeping the CANVAS engine and the game looks much like the first game.

One more thing. I often check up gaming news, so if you oke's don't mind, especially the thread starter, Darkwater, I hope you don't mind if I unload some info here. The thread has gone somewhat eastern, no?

RPG_Fan

I busy playing Valkryia Chronicles. I like the Canvas shading. It does fit with th story book narrative. This forum started off as Darkwater's wanted games to now an RPG discussion. :)

ZeroSplice

Valkyria Chronicles is the best nex gen JRPG by far.
The only English JRPG's that I haven't played are:
- Blue Dragon
- Cross Edge
- Disgaea 3
- Ninety Nine Nights
- Enchanted

From the above I only intend to get Disgaea 3 and Cross Edge, though, CE looks a bit nonsense.

RPG_Fan

CE had some horrible reviews. Disgaea 3 is not currently priced well in SA. It over R700 in most places. Enchanted arms is quite scarce. Still contemplating if it is a title worth getting. Goes back to the random battles and turn based system.

ZeroSplice

I'm waiting for CE and D3 to plop into the bargain bin offshore. It's much cheaper to import. And, with region free gaming, it's all the greater reason to.

BinaryJack

Spam
Valkyria Chronicles is the best nex gen JRPG by far.
The only English JRPG's that I haven't played are:
- Blue Dragon
- Cross Edge
- Disgaea 3
- Ninety Nine Nights
- Enchanted

From the above I only intend to get Disgaea 3 and Cross Edge, though, CE looks a bit nonsense.

Enchanted arms is ok...I had a copy but never bothered finishing it.

NNN was just a good romp! :D
You battle hordes and hordes of monsters (and good guys) on a few maps, picking up bonuses and weapons.
The CG scenes are quite pretty and the 7 characters are interesting. :D
It is a great filler in between games that will probably take you about 10hrs to complete.
The attraction is having your kill count climb into the 1000's on a single map...Oh the joy! :D

I have Blue Dragon at a friends place.
A very pretty game but it just never grabbed me.
It basically uses the "Job System" for battles.