DarKWateR's most wanted upcoming Xbox games

ZeroSplice

The blue 'ghosts' are other players around the (real) world that are playing the game at the same time as you, and, are in the same (in game) place as you are. They don't affect anything and are there for aesthetics.

The red 'ghosts' are replays of a sort that displays how other players died from that spot. A really nifty feature that warns you how other players have died. And this too does not affect anything.

Both of the above are completely random and no two players will experience the same blue and red 'ghosts'. Also, every time you play it randomises again.

If you're in body form, not even half an hour will pass before you're invaded. Prepare for a thrill when you are.
This affects tendencies.

Kerrrang!

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. Just got my body back after beating Phalanx, so i assume someone will come after me very soon. Can't stop thinking about this game, just want to get home and play the hell out of it!

ZeroSplice

Just try not to die in body form. It tends to happen all too easily in this game. Beating a black phantom (invader) shifts tendency to white, and, you may want to get white in Boletaria is it's one of the most difficult arches to get white in. Enjoy!

Kerrrang!

Ok, so if a BP invades my game, the tendency shifts towards white, so i should allow this in Boletaria?
Also, does your character level up in numbers or is it simply that your character gets stronger with the stat points you increase them with by talking with the Black Maiden?

ZeroSplice

Only if you defeat the BP. Boletaria is one of the few stages that has goodies if you have pure white world tendency.

Character levels up in numbers and stats. For every stat point you increase, your soul level goes up one.

Kerrrang!

Only if you defeat the BP. Boletaria is one of the few stages that has goodies if you have pure white world tendency.

Character levels up in numbers and stats. For every stat point you increase, your soul level goes up one.

I've spent all my souls (+-6500) on levelling up some stats of mine. So if i increase say Strength and Faith both by 1, my soul level will increase by 2?

Did you spend most your souls on levelling up your stats or purchasing equipment/items?

Last edited:

ZeroSplice

I would first spend on equipment, then whatever left over I had, I would spend on levelling up. And, yes, in the case you mentioned your soul level will be increased by 2.

RPG_Fan

Just booked DS and will pick it up tomorrow. Waiting for my new cap to come on at midnight so I can download fat princess. :)

RPG_Fan

Been playing DS for 3 hours now and beat phalanx. The knights with blue eyes are a bit of a challenge but I will stay away from the red eyes for now. Its a very cautious game because dying makes you start overs which really sucks when you have half health and need to be careful not to die again or lose all your souls. Game is awesome :D Never felt so tense like I do now when playing. :p

RPG_Fan

Yeah. Busy with the section after phalanx. Just got roasted by the dragon during its pass over the bridge.

ZeroSplice

The dragon has a classy way of introducing itself when you first meet it. There'll be plenty more.

RPG_Fan

Yeah. I stopped counting how many times I died. Just finished off the tower knight. Was lucky that I saw the video on how to kill it because it packs on heck of a punch

Kerrrang!

WHich section is the Tower Knight? Killed the Armoured Spider over the weekend on my first try, so he was pretty easy. Only put in around 10 hours so far and i can safely say that no other current-gen RPG comes REMOTELY close. I can't remember the last time i felt goosebumps when playing a game - i think this game nailed every aspect i love about games and RPG's. The combat is second to none - it's amazing how deep it is, especially considering that this is an RPG. The exploration is fantastic, the atmosphere constantly tense. The game forces you to think, to be cautious, to analyze - and very very few games can claim to do this.

Last edited:

RPG_Fan

WHich section is the Tower Knight? Killes the Armoured Spider over the weekend on my first try, so he was pretty easy. Only put in around 10 hours so far and i can safely say that no other current-gen RPG comes REMOTELY close. I can't remember the last time i felt goosebumps when playing a game - i think this game nailed every aspect i love about games and RPG's. The combat is second to none - it's amazing how deep it is, especially considering that this is an RPG. The exploration is fantastic, the atmosphere constantly tense. The game forces you to think, to be cautious, to analyze - and very very few games can claim to do this.

The Tower knight is the area after you defeat phalanx. I started a new thread on this game. Maybe the DS community can discuss this on that threat instead. That way we don't hijack this one as we are doing now. ;)