• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Data contract upgrade Loyal customers - A slap in the face

johnstede

Telkom does not care about their loyal customers. I have been with Telkom for 4 years now. First 2 years on the 10GB + 10GB R300.00 contract. Then 2 years after that on the 20GB + 20GB R400.00 contract. And now I'm due for another upgrade. Telkom phoned me on Monday and offered me the same data contract at R289.00 a month. Yes, its cheaper than the R400 I'm currently paying at the moment. But this same contract is currently available for anyone at the moment. First timers can get the same contract. And maybe this special deal is only available for the month of May. But I have been with them for a long period of time and deserves to be offered a better deal than the R289.00 on my upgrade.

Anyone else here that's been with Telkom for 4 years now and is due for a upgrade or has already taken the upgrade?

Napalm

Expert Member
Vodacom and all the same....

They have specials that come out every 3months or 6.

Now and again they have super once off deals.... but on average they won't offer better to existing clients vs what's on special.

johnstede

Vodacom and all the same....

They have specials that come out every 3months or 6.

Now and again they have super once off deals.... but on average they won't offer better to existing clients vs what's on special.
I though so. I did not take the offer. Vumatel has installed Fibre in my area. Thinking of going over to Fibre uncapped in 2 months time.

Napalm

Expert Member
Yes. Rather go with fibre then if the option is there?

LTE is an good alternative (LTE-A if you have signal in your area)

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
Go fibre route.. 20GB for is not even worth it.. 100 or 200GB is whats needed these days..

Im 1 of the lucky ones to get the uncapped LTE.. so after 2 years, telkom let me save R74 a month on my deal.. now thats a win :)

Well they have been trying their best to get me to upgrade to more expensive R799 option but i think my wallet looks better with that R274 in it