[DBN] MAC OS X Lion 4GB Download on DVD when released [info inside]

Yuu

Executive Member
Are you bandwidth starved?
Are you just too busy to save up those MB for the 4GB download?
Are you just going to use the excuse that its free then why not?
Are you looking for someone whose doing this just because he wants too?

If you answered a somewhat yes to above then fear not as Yuu is here lol

If you would like a copy of the update once released on a DVD, then feel free to add your nickname only on this list we can share more personal details via PM since this list is public.

I have Pooky as No1 [isn't he always :p ;)]

I am not charging for this, merely helping folks who are tired of waiting for these big downloads (we all want it down in 4mins approx :whistling:)

Anywhoo, i will be making a MAX 100 copies unless demand goes above. Please post details for release as i have no idea and we will pick a place to meet closer to the release.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Yuu

PS
Do note DBN users only but get your friends and family to get em for you [free shipping if they give them to you :) )

PSS
I am just an average win user that left work after 4 years studying at home after reading the thread thought why not do this :)

Edit: Will wait to hear if there is any protection :) before making copies for the general public.

Last edited:

burn

Expert Member
Wow, uncapped really has changed my world view :)

Glad you are hooking up those in need though...

adsl3g

Expert Member
Isn't this software piracy - how are we going to pay for the license?

Yuu

Executive Member
As we get closer to the date, will confirm this, i am certainly not trying to promote piracy in any form.

Isn't this software piracy - how are we going to pay for the license?

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
So what release version of Mac OS X Lion (10.7.x)??? Did you download the whole DVD.iso? and where from (link)? I thought Lion is not yet Gold, but still in development (beta) version? Has it been released to Stores yet?

Shardie

Lion is at Gold Master now - should be out in a few days. If any updates then Apple will release via Software Update

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
Heya--I did not know that Lion will not be installable on any processor other than core ix ???
Step 1: Make sure your Mac can run Lion.

Your Mac must have an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor to run Lion. Find out if your current Mac has one of these processors by clicking the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, then choosing About This Mac.

Edit it does install on C2D--just did not read well.

ponder

Honorary Master
Heya--I did not know that Lion will not be installable on any processor other than core ix ???

Edit it does install on C2D--just did not read well.

I read about a hack some developers did to run it on other CPUs, simple plist change if I remember correctly.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
Apple made Finder 64-bit only to force Core Duos off Lion.

BTW got the Lion GM working on my hackintosh!

Yuu

Executive Member
Guys, can we distribute the update on its own without contravening any laws here, as per OP , or is this just a wasted effort on my part :/?

dasdk

OS X Lion is amazing.....running GM since yesterday...super impressive

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
So when will we get Lion? If we are at GM, it is indeed imminent. Myself, I am keen for the Server ver - at $49, it cannot be beat and will mean my little Mini will get redeployed. Now, where would a bandwidth starved joburger get to download it? I know my folks have got a LOT of carry-over iBurst but that download, at iBurst's speed, could take forever (well, 8 hours if history is anything to go by).

Any one else considering Server?