Dear DStv - technical faults thread

How do you rate the DStv service *technically* ?

• 10 (Best)

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 3 3.3%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 5 5.5%

Votes: 4 4.4%

Votes: 15 16.5%

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • 1 (Worst)

Votes: 42 46.2%

• Total voters

Roelie

Aah ok,with you now ... but hasn't it been like that since "forever" ? ... I've only ever used the search to find things for catch-up ... it's just easier for me especially when I know exactly what I want to watch and then i add it to the "My list" :unsure:
If you watch on a browser or on IOS then you can see Movies, Sport and TV Shows.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Great start to the Olympics.

For those recording, opening ceremony over-ran by 20 min., schedule not updated but safety nets still limited to 10 min. after years of complaints.

This morning 201 lost transmission for ages.

201 and 202 i-Plate schedules showing wrong sport. 201 was then altered... but still showing wrong sport.

Didn't look beyond that, who knows what else.
Nice one MC.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
There's an update available for the DSTV app on the Google Play Store for the eMatic AGT419 Android TV box - dated 10 Aug 2021 - with the tagline: 'What's New: We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers".

:whistling:

swakop_toe

There's an update available for the DSTV app on the Google Play Store for the eMatic AGT419 Android TV box - dated 10 Aug 2021 - with the tagline: 'What's New: We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers".

:whistling:
My GooglePlay shows the download size as 12GB!
5fbdffebdfd5fde2922aaf0be5890444.jpg

Brian_G

Executive Member
My Explora 1 got an update on Mon., last night I found the Status Bar (top button of remote wheel) doing mad things. Since disappeared, but who knows.

No changed content position or movement was being reflected on the S B, and the unreachable system markers displaying nonsense.

Then I tried moving back 45 min. to the start of the current movie via the i-Plate... order of content turned out mixed up :eek::unsure: so it was 3 positions back, 45 min ago was displayed as 3.5 hours ago (buffer is only 2 hrs. long), and for example 1st previous item on i-Plate was clearly something much older.

WTF MC??? :oops:o_O:rolleyes::mad:

@Geoff.D @krugie @Nemesys , nothing seen on your side?

Last edited:

krugie

My Explora 1 got an update on Mon., last night I found the Status Bar (top button of remote wheel) doing mad things. Since disappeared, but who knows.

No changed content position or movement was being reflected on the S B, and the unreachable system markers displaying nonsense.

Then I tried moving back 45 min. to the start of the current movie via the i-Plate... order of content turned out mixed up :eek::unsure: so it was 3 positions back, 45 min ago was displayed as 3.5 hours ago (buffer is only 2 hrs. long), and for example 1st previous item on i-Plate was clearly something much older.

I see I also received the update but I have not watched much recently on the Explora 1 so I have not picked up any issues. I used the status bar now (decoder was tuned to CNN) and all seemed to be working OK in the current buffer,

Nemesys

The update for the 2A only came though early this morning. Sofar all seem to be ok. I am not sure if the 3A updated.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

I have been trying for days to activate an Explora 1. Now I find that the ES 5-2 has an intermittent port ----

nivek

Executive Member
Anyone know how to fix error 500 on the dstv now app?

Tried clearing all browser and app data,
Tried re-installing the app
Tried relinking the device

No luck at all

Incog Nito

DSTV Premium subscriber with one additional decoder on Xtraview (total of 2 decoders).
Smart LNB.
Can I add a 3rd decoder on Xtraview without paying any extra fees?

krugie

DSTV Premium subscriber with one additional decoder on Xtraview (total of 2 decoders).
Smart LNB.
Can I add a 3rd decoder on Xtraview without paying any extra fees?

You can have 3 decoders on Xtraview without any additional monthly charge but it depends on which existing decoders you have. The primary has to be an Explora. Different combos can be viewed at https://www.dstv.co.za/mydstv/help/faqs/services/xtraview/#collapse-0 but your SmartLNB will also play a role on available options.

Incog Nito

I currently have an Explora as primary decoder, with an Explora 2A as secondary. Looking to add another 2A for a 3-decoder Xtraview setup without having to pay extra. The third decoder will not be used to watch/record daily but will only be used 1-2 times a month.

From the link you posted:
  • DStv Explora + DStv Explora + DStv Explora**: DStv Subscription + Access Fee + Access Fee
This indicates 2 access fees. Will my Premium subscription cover the 2?

krugie

I currently have an Explora as primary decoder, with an Explora 2A as secondary. Looking to add another 2A for a 3-decoder Xtraview setup without having to pay extra. The third decoder will not be used to watch/record daily but will only be used 1-2 times a month.

From the link you posted:
  • DStv Explora + DStv Explora + DStv Explora**: DStv Subscription + Access Fee + Access Fee
This indicates 2 access fees. Will my Premium subscription cover the 2?

Apologies - you have to pay an additional access fee for the 3rd decoder - I think it's currently R105.