Dear Minister - We can't make lockdown decisions based on fairness

entrepr

Expert Member
We are all to blame I think.
Obviously they listen to public comments according to their statement, so that leaves us with only one course of action and that is to participate in their public comments.
The problem was we were asked to comment on regulations that hadn't yet been finalised, so we assumed that the draft regs would be logical. Now we are a day away from stage 4 finding out we all have to run at the same time etc.

Agreed, the more channels to express displeasure, the better

Shadowchaser1

Weird when you out of the country, not staying there, seeing what they (Gov) thinks is democracy and what not. The pres lied blatantly regarding troops, they made a hash with the grants and now with cigarettes. For a 3rd world country it's very harsh LD rules. But when you in bed with the Chinese and Cubans it makes sense. Not even Europe , US or Canada have this. Since when is online trading spreading the virus. LOL. A friend of mine had to call plumbers on Tuesday. Apparently they came, fixed what needed to be etc and left. All were wearing masks. With online you order, they deliver and leave. Social distancing no problem. Strongs to all in SA.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Weird when you out of the country, not staying there, seeing what they (Gov) thinks is democracy and what not. The pres lied blatantly regarding troops, they made a hash with the grants and now with cigarettes. For a 3rd world country it's very harsh LD rules. But when you in bed with the Chinese and Cubans it makes sense. Not even Europe , US or Canada have this. Since when is online trading spreading the virus. LOL. A friend of mine had to call plumbers on Tuesday. Apparently they came, fixed what needed to be etc and left. All were wearing masks. With online you order, they deliver and leave. Social distancing no problem. Strongs to all in SA.
but it's for our own good , otherwise the evil Wuhan virus would have killed us all twice already , better to starve than catch a flu.......

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Agree - its quite sobering looking in.

Man, you guys are really being f cked around,

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Classic communist thinking.
Bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator.
If we all can't eat, then nobody eats. Hows that for fairness Mr Patel? Though to be honest, he does look like he could do with a sarmie.
If we can't all get online studies, then nobody studies....
If we can't all earn a living wage, then, Mr Patel, it's not fair, you should donate your wages to the poor from here on out.
Once that's in place, let's talk again.

Actually, come to think of it, classic communist thinking involves dictating poverty to the masses while living in a palace.
Useless tw@ts. Won't even consider hiring one to work in my garden.

noxibox

Honorary Master
although all four panels involve stealing from the home team(not paying to watch), so not the best example, but give only these four alternatives, I'll take liberation for all of us. Removing the barriers is the only fair move.
Stealing or fans in the making who will buy tickets when they can afford it?

noxibox

Honorary Master
What would you call it if the tallest one in the second picture puts the shortest on his shoulders?

konfab

Honorary Master
although all four panels involve stealing from the home team(not paying to watch), so not the best example, but give only these four alternatives, I'll take liberation for all of us. Removing the barriers is the only fair move.
Some barriers are necessary though:
In the matter of reforming things, as distinct from deforming them, there is one plain and simple principle; a principle which will probably be called a paradox. There exists in such a case a certain institution or law; let us say, for the sake of simplicity, a fence or gate erected across a road. The more modern type of reformer goes gaily up to it and says, "I don't see the use of this; let us clear it away." To which the more intelligent type of reformer will do well to answer: "If you don't see the use of it, I certainly won't let you clear it away. Go away and think. Then, when you can come back and tell me that you do see the use of it, I may allow you to destroy it.
For example, having a certain amount of experience and training before being able to fly a commercial airline.

And the other repugnant thing about this comic is the implicit assumption that the people in the groups are permanently disabled. This is fundamentally untrue.