• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Death of Telkom Lte capped in centurion

There are a few peeps living close to me and we all having the same issue of super slow Telkom LTE internet since it went off last week for a few hours https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/2655999 .. i logged a call and called them a few times and all they can do is ask me to reset the lte rooter ,, according to them there is no issue with the LTE speeds in centurion . i logged a call last week Friday and it was still not attended to at all Ref: 21349826. I don't have fiber in my street ,, what can a person do to get help from Telkom ?

asking them to give me the case numbers , im sure more peeps in centurion have the same issue ? if we don't say something then no one will fix it :(

You guys in PTA are not the only ones receiving poor speeds. I am on the uncapped fixed LTE in Tygerberg (CTN) and my speed is as follows: DL: 2.07Mbps - UL: 2.02Mbps with a ping of 45ms. It seems to be a national issue.

I am just wondering if Telkom is not throttling our speeds because we have maybe reached or FUP/AUP for the month?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
asking them to give me the case numbers , im sure more peeps in centurion have the same issue ? if we don't say something then no one will fix it :(
Well, if you have the case numbers at least you can give all the case numbers to them when they spin the "according to them there is no issue with the LTE speeds in centurion" line.

Can't help much more. My LTE speeds at Irene is low too, 3mbps range, the Telkom 3G (HSDPA+) is much better, more like 7mbps range. But I only use in in my phone and tablet, so don't notice it.

And mine are capped accounts Josh B , so not FUP.

semisane1987

Same story in Rustenburg I'm on 500GB LTE night surfer, I think Telkom mobile throttled us. I'm using 3g now on my phone much better.

JanParra

Hi people
I am in Cape Town
For the last two days, I am also having issues... downloads from overseas are slower than dial-up. Speedtest is fine, I get 20 something Mbps.

What I notice is, the first 10 seconds the download is fast, then it goes slow, and remains slow. So obviously network problem.

Who or what can I phone to raise holy hell? I am new to the Telkom LTE, I never had need to phone them before until now.