Debonairs.co.za online orders - do they ever work?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I just placed an order online at debonairs.co.za with instruction that I will collect at my local branch less than 1km from where I work.

Everything went fine and it said my order will be ready in 15 minutes. I tried to track the order but the only thing I managed to do was to do a quick order (repeat a previous order) which I did not want to do at the time. This did show my "previous order" so I assumed that my order was on their system.

After 10 minutes, just as I was about to get in the car, I got an SMS saying they could not process my online order and I must call the shop to do it over the phone.

What nonsense is this?! Has anyone managed to place an order online with debonairs?

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
yeah, I tried to use delivery once, chose a branch within the suggested range then get an error message saying can't deliver.

Mantis

I ordered online (didn't know you could and just wanted to check the menu before I went). Said it'd be delivered in 40 minutes.

19 minutes later the doorbell rang. Was still piping hot. Debonairs Grassy Park.

Just a pity their CC payments online aren't set up yet

I won't even try it with ours in Melkbos. Just getting them to understand your order over the phone is stressing enough.

'What's that? No, I said two large hawaiians...No, I want two LARGE hawaiian pizzas...okay, yes that will be all...just read it back to me quickly.....ugh, I said two large hawaiian pizzas. You know what? Nevermind, I'll just come to the store.'

Often I swear the cashiers don't even really understand english properly.

Maddmatt

Expert Member
Tried it with the one in Hillcrest a couple of weeks ago. When I order over the phone there's a delivery charge, but when I ordered online the delivery was free. Took about 40 minutes, the driver apologized for the delay (without me complaining) and said the online order system was a new experimental thing.
Well it beats using the phone, hopefully they're sorting things out.