Debonairs... Horrible

wikus

On Friday I went to Debonairs and ordered two pizza's.
The customer service was terrible, the dude didn't want to help me... douche.
He told me I had to wait 20 minutes, so I did. But he only gave me my pizza's after an hour!!
When I got home I thought I'll enjoy the yummy pizza, but just my luck... the one pizza wasn't even baked, the cheese was just melted but the dough was still soft and wet... like it came out of the freezer :sick:

Nice one Debonairs :rolleyes:
Next time I'll go to Roman's or Scooter's

UPDATE: After I contacted their head office the Debonairs franchise offered me a freebie (which I will never take, because I didn't complain to get a freebie, I complained to improve things) to make up for the bad experience I had. And their head office called me shortly afterwards to find out if the issue has been resolved.
At least it is good to know they take customer complaints seriously, never mind how their pizza tastes, because I chose to order there.

Last edited:

SYNERGY

Executive Member
You.are.mad.
to wait over an hour.

I would've called their headoffice there and then to complain or at least the franchisee!

gregmcc

Honorary Master
You have too much patience. After 30 mins I would have thrown my toys.

+1 Scooters.

Atheȵa

Complain to the head office about this. That is unacceptable. You should be owed a refund for the shoddy pizza, and an apology for everything. Can't believe you'd waited that long; can't have been hungry.

Sackboy

Executive Member
This type of thing happens very frequently. Sign of the times ... sigh!

MyWorld

Executive Member
Just complain to head office, their number should not be difficult to get a hold of.

Roman's really have some good pizza and when they have their specials it is time to indulge!

RSkeens

Expert Member
Did you get the guy's name? It's always a good idea to ask for the name if they are being rude to you, it makes them worried :)

wikus

Did you get the guy's name? It's always a good idea to ask for the name if they are being rude to you, it makes them worried :)
Didn't get the guys name, he didn't have a name tag.
I sent their head office an e-mail. AFAIK they are required to uphold the good name of the franchise chain or their right to use the franchise name could be withdrawn.

Best of all is they had about 10 people working in the kitchen and I still had to wait that long. Guess that's what happens when you buy a fast-food franchise but you have absolutely zero managing skills.

Debonairs ask R10-20 more for the same pizza's from Scooters but the service is ten times worse

And this is the first time I've had a bad experience with this Debonairs franchise...I've bought pizza from them a few times before and the service was good. (Same owners, I recognise their faces)

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Any pizza that is not cooked in a wood oven is not worth paying for.

the one pizza wasn't even baked, the cheese was just melted but the dough was still soft and wet...
That sounds like most of the pizza's that I have had at Debonairs

wikus

Any pizza that is not cooked in a wood oven is not worth paying for.

That sounds like most of the pizza's that I have had at Debonairs
To describe how raw that pizza was, it's ingredients stuck to the bottom of my other slice of pizza which laid on top of it :sick:

wikus

Guess they only care about the red-or-not-dot.
It doesn't matter if the pizza comes straight out of the freezer, as long as the dot is red when they give it to you (which is pretty easy to achieve in a hot kitchen), you must be satisfied.

bex.cpt

Expert Member
SCOOTERS /FTW/ Main Road Kenilworth.

I stay away from Debonairs. I like BACON on my Pizza not Macon /FAIL/ Grassy Park and all over the rest of the Western Cape seems all you can find is Halaal. Hey I am all for halaal but must it be up in my face ALL the time dude

m3z

I had the Debonairs triple stacker pizza tonight.... omw so disgusting! I actually got sick afterwards!

Oh and the service I experienced was also terrible! Waited 35 minutes to get my order.

Schwartz

Expert Member
Why??
I would never even wait 25mins for a pizza! thats shocking.. never liked debonares!