Decent area in CPT - 2021

WollieVerstege

I would recomend finding a nice place in Century city, on the waterway. The MyCiti bus also runs from here. Centrally located for everything you want to do.
I can recommend, Idiom wines, Guardian Peak, Hidden valley in the Somerset west area and Haute Cabrier or Le petite ferme in Franschoek

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Necro,

Any thoughts on "Waves Edge" of Blouberg?

Edit,

I also mean the area not the building :)

Last edited:

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
hire a car

uber be too expensive

or can get the bus tours to take you everywhere

ma se kind you can also get places in camps bay

but sea point green point or the CBD be nice

century city isnt far out as well

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
Necro,

Any thoughts on "Waves Edge" of Blouberg?
Lovely spot but I wouldn't recommend as holiday accommodation at the moment as it is very far out of the way of basically everything except Blaauwberg and Table View beachfront (which pre-covid and if under 35 was a jol, not so much now). If staying in that area a hired car is STRONGLY recommended.

saturnz

Honorary Master
lol @ Long Street comments, if Long Street is your measure of the CBD then you need to get out more, the party moved from there in the 90s

randomcat

Expert Member
lol @ Long Street comments, if Long Street is your measure of the CBD then you need to get out more, the party moved from there in the 90s
People from Durban and Jozi still think it's the "party".

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Thank you,

This is for living no holidays :)

Work is theoretically in Century assuming we ever come out of lockdown.

genetic

Honorary Master
Thank you,

Then I'd definitely live in Century City or Milnerton if your work will be based there.

doodlesZHS

Nigerian gangs, kidnappings? In the CBD? Where in the city in particular? Do you even live in Cape Town?

Lol, I work in the CBD and besides petty crime, its not a Nigerian warzone as you make it out to be.
Perhaps a few years ago when the ANC controlled the city the CBD and seepoint in particular was dodgy ,now not so much, nigerian drug lords have moved to spots like Wynberg etc as they are priced out of the gentrified cbd and surrounds.

krycor

Honorary Master
Thank you,

Royal Ascot.. that’s what we did.

Burgundy Estate is another option but it’s Fibre service is limited to Frogfoot which is why we decided against it. OpenServe is available here and zero issues.

Cost wise this area is similar to living in Paulshof/Sunninghill etc so not too bad especially with pandemic pricing now.

Wrt moving further north.. uhm boerewors curtains makes it icky even if you use to it. Why not tableview ? Well the traffic might be a problem and while the last year has proven lesser of an issue.. it does prove problematic under normal conditions.

Remember for rentals, return on investments as a tenant is generally 2.5yrs so keep that in mind when moving.

PS. Burgundy has bigger estates with nicer facilities apparently. I do miss the estate pool, park, estate rec house, etc which seem limited here in Cpt. But atleast security wise it’s the same.

Last edited:

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Royal Ascot.. that’s what we did.

Burgundy Estate is another option but it’s Fibre service is limited to Frogfoot which is why we decided against it. OpenServe is available here and zero issues.

Cost wise this area is similar to living in Paulshof/Sunninghill etc so not too bad especially with pandemic pricing now.

Wrt moving further north.. uhm boerewors curtains makes it icky even if you use to it. Why not tableview ? Well the traffic might be a problem and while the last year has proven lesser of an issue.. it does prove problematic under normal conditions.

Remember for rentals, return on investments as a tenant is generally 2.5yrs so keep that in mind when moving.

PS. Burgundy has bigger estates with nicer facilities apparently. I do miss the estate pool, park, estate rec house, etc which seem limited here in Cpt. But atleast security wise it’s the same.

I am a Durban boy, so wanted to be close to the beach. I have a motorcycle so not too phased about morning traffic to work, other than during the winter rains.

Is Royal Ascot near the beach? Can't seem to find the area on maps.