Dedicated fiber but how to reconnect

icecoder

We recently moved our company to an area with no official fiber coverage. I noticed that the property have fiber coming into a fiber box and with spf ports.
There is no circuit no or identification so does one go about getting the line reconnected ?

Nicholas Marzio

We recently moved our company to an area with no official fiber coverage. I noticed that the property have fiber coming into a fiber box and with spf ports.
There is no circuit no or identification so does one go about getting the line reconnected ?
Can you supply an image of the fibre box and the location of this office?

Will try to check for you.

ranger

Expert Member
We recently moved our company to an area with no official fiber coverage.
What do you mean by "official"?

You mean it's not FTTH (and on a "coverage map")?

AFAIK, no "business" or "enterprise" products are on a publicly accessible coverage map, it would offer too much opportunity to "steal" customers.

I noticed that the property have fiber coming into a fiber box and with spf ports.
What do you mean by "box"? An enclosure? An ONT (or other active network device)? If so, can you provide the make and/model?

Alternatively, approximately what area is this?

If it is not FTTH, then it is likely from one of the following:
- Openserve/Telkom
- Vodacom
- MTN

Call their "business" units or resellers and ask for a quote ... (you should probably do that regardless).[/QUOTE]

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
DM me your address so I can check it against all the operators. But that looks like a private fibre install.. possibly for CCTV or LAN.