Degrees of separation: It's 'well known I only have matric' - Mazzone denies having legal qualifications

6spdmanual

Expert Member
One thing I find odd in this: she maintains that she did "articles with attorneys".

To do articles in both law and accounting, to my knowledge, you need a qualification right? CA, LLB? If she really wanted something law related, should could have done an NQF 5 Paralegal certificate or something.

Reactions: 3WA

rvZA

Expert Member
One thing I find odd in this: she maintains that she did "articles with attorneys".

To do articles in both law and accounting, to my knowledge, you need a qualification right? CA, LLB? If she really wanted something law related, should could have done an NQF 5 Paralegal certificate or something.

Yes, you are correct. Only an LLB graduate can serve articles of clerkship.

She has some explaining to do.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
The DA should start using educated people, maybe they'll then get somewhere against the anc. I'm sure there's enough graduates, especially in their preferred demographic.
You have got it utterly wrong. The slogan is still freedom before education.

Raumas

You can (or could) enter into articles while studying towards a LLB degree. Your articles would be completed over 5 years.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Yes, you are correct. Only an LLB graduate can serve articles of clerkship.

She has some explaining to do.

The answer lies herein,

https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/201506/act53of1979.pdf (PDF)

nivek

Executive Member
She might not have qualifications but at least she's competent. There are many politicians with PhDs that are as thick as they come - see Ndlozi, all his PhD got him was lead ice boy

I'm talking about this woman having no qualifications.

What are you talking about.

I can't criticise the ANC for not having qualifications but not the DA now can I.

Why do you need educational qualifications to be a good politician? Mazzone strikes me as one who is on top of her brief. I recall being impressed with her on the Eskom hearings.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Yeah no somebody's been partying on Wikipedia

Currently she is Minister of Kakpraat of the Official Opposition

Same style of edit was done to Malema's page,also a kakpraater now

daveza

Honorary Master
Maybe I missed it, ( which is more than possible ) but does the DA suggest all parliamentary members should have a degree when few of them do, including their own party ?

Politicians are supposed to be facilitators - the doers are those they task with the doing. That's where the degrees should come in.

Mugabe was the most educationally decorated politician on the continent .....

But Brett Heron is still a dick.