Degrees of separation: It's 'well known I only have matric' - Mazzone denies having legal qualifications

RedViking

Nord of the South
I would rather all politicians have no formal qualifications and instead have the ability to be honest, competent and build South Africa instead of dividing it.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I would rather all politicians have no formal qualifications and instead have the ability to be honest, competent and build South Africa instead of dividing it.
All the qualities that are impossible to possess if one has formal qualifications? I don't get why they can't have both?

RedViking

Nord of the South
All the qualities that are impossible to possess if one has formal qualifications? I don't get why they can't have both?
All the need is the ability to be honest, competent and build South Africa instead of dividing it

s0lar

Expert Member
Missing the point. They can and should have both, but if pressed I too would rather have a non-educated honest leader with the people at mind.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Missing the point. They can and should have both, but if pressed I too would rather have a non-educated honest leader with the people at mind.
I did not miss anything, seems like you are the one who is missing things in your haste to reply to me. Why don't you go read his post again, slowly this time.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
If they have the ability to be honest, competent and build South Africa instead of dividing it, they are qualified.
Yes, the person who meets the minimum requirements is qualified, the one who meets and exceeds the minimum requirements, even more so.

Levels...

D0ldG0jX0AAfPtc.jpeg

s0lar

Expert Member
Which is not in any way affected by having formal qualifications.
As posted above. Integrity trumps a doctorate as foremost criteria for a respected and successful leader. This not a debate as to how education affects moral compass. Your missing the point.

RedViking

Nord of the South
As posted above. Integrity trumps a doctorate as foremost criteria for a respected and successful leader. This not a debate as to how education affects moral compass. Your missing the point.
He wants another penis contest. Between him and the broederbond it is a never ending cycle.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I know some really awesome people with zero qualifications who have done extraordinary things. If every single politician in South Africa could be one of them, this county will flourish beyond our imaginations.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Err... No, that's not how it works.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I did not miss anything, seems like you are the one who is missing things in your haste to reply to me. Why don't you go read his post again, slowly this time.
I think you did miss his point. In essence he says if it was a choice between a qualification or a politician with qualities he listed, he'd rather have a politician with those qualities than one with qualifications.

Ideally, we'd rather have one with all qualities.

RedViking

Nord of the South
That hurts, I thought we were having a civil conversation?
Does the qualifications our politicians have help them in any way to govern our country.

It doesn't.

You know exactly what I am saying.

All we need is for them to have the Ability to be honest, competent and build South Africa instead of dividing it.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I think you did miss his point. In essence he says if it was a choice between a qualification or a politician with qualities he listed, he'd rather have a politician with those qualities than one with qualifications.

Ideally, we'd rather have one with all qualities.
That's exactly what he didn't say, but if he meant to say that and just failed to find the right words then I have no problem, he seems to have stuck to his initial position though.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Does the qualifications our politicians have help them in any way to govern our country.

It doesn't.

You know exactly what I am saying.

All we need is for them to have the Ability to be honest, competent and build South Africa instead of dividing it.
Does the qualifications our politicians have prevent or limit them in any way to do what they were elected to do?